Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.150.163
Sign in to follow this  
DoddFrank

Connection Duration ?

What connection duration should I expect using the default settings ? I drop the connection once or twice a day, for no apparent reason, and I can always re-connect manually

When not using AirVPN via Tunnelblick my internet connection is rock solid. I would rather not have to do the firewall configuration to block non VPN traffic, I just want to stay connected

Thank you for the useful answers already posted, and any advice you may have on this topic

The longest my AirVPN connection has lasted was "689515 seconds", or almost 8 days. More typically I get 3-4 days or more.

I do not use the AirVPN client and instead directly use OpenVPN itself with the downloaded AirVPN settings zip.

Hello!

As you know, there are no time limits to your connection (apart subscription expiration). That said, the most common cause of disconnection is a short "line drop" with your ISP. In that case, there's unfortunately nothing we can do (and nothing you can do). When you're not connected to the VPN, you usually don't notice these "line drops", however they are enough to cause a disconnection with any VPN server (moreover, if there's an IP address change, the disconnection is totally unavoidable). You can secure your VPN connection in order to avoid leaks outside the tunnel:

https://airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=3&id=1713&Itemid=142

Kind regards

I'm getting really frustrated with this now! nearly everytime I log in the client says I'm allready connected and I have to wait ten minutes to try again. Also the UK server seems to disconect quite frequently and I have the same problem when trying to reconnect is there anything you can do to stop this from happening?

I'm getting really frustrated with this now! nearly everytime I log in the client says I'm allready connected and I have to wait ten minutes to try again. Also the UK server seems to disconect quite frequently and I have the same problem when trying to reconnect is there anything you can do to stop this from happening?

Hello!

Please try to connect to TCP ports and let us know whether the problem is fixed.

Kind regards

Thank you for your prompt and helpful response, I will try both to block non VPN traffic as per posts on using IceFloor and use TCP instead of default configuration to AirVPN

When I used Tunnelblick, I'd get disconnected every now and then. You can configure it to auto-reconnect, I believe. The disconnection could also be a feature because there settings to tell Tunnelblick to disconnect and reconnect when certain criteria are met. It's mainly for security reasons and like all security reasons it tends to be inconvenient.

In any case, I now use Viscosity and I've yet to get a dropped connection since.

When I used Tunnelblick, I'd get disconnected every now and then. You can configure it to auto-reconnect, I believe. The disconnection could also be a feature because there settings to tell Tunnelblick to disconnect and reconnect when certain criteria are met. It's mainly for security reasons and like all security reasons it tends to be inconvenient.

In any case, I now use Viscosity and I've yet to get a dropped connection since.

Hello!

Very good to know, thank you very much indeed.

Kind regards

Is Viscosity as good as the AirClient? It seems to have more options, but that doesn't mean is faster/more secure etc, right? What would be the reasons for choosing Viscosity over the Air Client? I mean, they both use OpenVPN basically, as far as I understand.

Is Viscosity as good as the AirClient? It seems to have more options, but that doesn't mean is faster/more secure etc, right? What would be the reasons for choosing Viscosity over the Air Client? I mean, they both use OpenVPN basically, as far as I understand.

Hello!

Both the Air client and Viscosity are OpenVPN wrappers and GUIs, therefore there's no difference in security or speed. Please note that the Air client is available for Windows only, and that it retrieves automatically certificates, key and configuration for OpenVPN through an SSL connection, while Viscosity needs those files in your system (you can download them anytime from menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client").

Kind regards

Unless you're a Mac user, there's no real need to use Viscosity. Yes, there's a Windows version and it's real nice but the AirVPN client is free and supported by AirVPN.

If you are a Mac user and aren't too cheap to cough up $9, Viscosity is a winner.