Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.24.134
Staff

Four new 1 Gbit/s servers available (SG)

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that four new 1 Gbit/s server located in Singapore are available: Auriga, Circinus, Delphinus and Hydra.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new server, If you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 1194, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, they support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Please note that two of the older Singapore servers will be withdrawn at the end of June 2017, according to our plans of hardware renewal and lines improvements.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

A brief check using Eddie Latency via my ISP in eastern Australia shows Reticulum 137ms, Aries 138, Antares 141, but Triangulum 271, Circinus 274, Delphinius 284, Hydra 286.

Running traceroute back to my www.<ISP>  shows the LeaseWeb Asia Pacific servers routed via SG-Perth-Sydney, but the m247.com servers routed via CA USA.

I have not cut and pasted traceroute results because I expect Air has better (automated) monitoring tools to check connection performance from each server. It is near midnight in SE Asia / Australia so routing within the region may vary by time of day, load factors, spot monthly deals by wholesalers, etc, ???. So statistically better sampling is needed.

I have noticed when in some Bittorrent swarms the high proportion of members from India and Pakistan, and if Air clients they would probably use SG, and may be a more major (and growing) market than AU, NZ. They would not appreciate being routed around about through the USA.

The M247 servers have very weird routing that makes it unusable for most of us in South East Asia. I hope they keep at least 2 leaseweb servers around.