Not connected, Your IP: 18.116.50.45
Heartburn

Need help, getting real frustrated

I just purchased Airvpn with the last few weeks and I am very frustrated and just want to give up.  When I connect the eddy overview main screen shows that my download connection is usually around 11kb and sometimes is even measured in bits... if not just 0.  I disconnect and try to connect to other servers with no more luck.  I have followed and changed some settings in the pinned threads but nothing is really helping at all. Even if that is not showing a true speed, my utorrent will consistently show a download speed at 14kb or less when getting new files (no port forwarding). 

Is there something I need to do to get a consistent and faster speed?

EDIT:  For more granularity I am in the US and still connecting to US servers with an MS under 20.

I just purchased Airvpn with the last few weeks and I am very frustrated and just want to give up.  When I connect the eddy overview main screen shows that my download connection is usually around 11kb and sometimes is even measured in bits... if not just 0.  I disconnect and try to connect to other servers with no more luck.  I have followed and changed some settings in the pinned threads but nothing is really helping at all. Even if that is not showing a true speed, my utorrent will consistently show a download speed at 14kb or less when getting new files (no port forwarding). 

Is there something I need to do to get a consistent and faster speed?

EDIT:  For more granularity I am in the US and still connecting to US servers with an MS under 20.

What port+protocol combinations have you tried?

Sorry for the delayed response, much needed vacation.  So I haven't tried any port+protocol combinations as ... lets just say I would not be lost if you told me where to check, but lost on the open ended question you asked.  To answer the directly, I haven't changed/checked anything other than making eddie buffer size 256k.  Is there a thing I need to change specifically that could have an affect?  I am still experiencing less than 40kb speeds.

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN!

Do be aware you're able to submit support tickets, in addition to asking on the forums.

It might be helpful if you paste some of your Eddie logs here, if you're using Eddie.

In my experience...

• You can also try the SSL protocols.
  • Disable IPv6.
  • Try out different servers from different countries. The Netherlands is good for a lot of people.
  • Disable anti-virus software temporarily or otherwise add the airvpn.exe and openvpn.exe to exclusion lists.
  • Port-forwarding is important for torrenting. As is configuring the torrent client in question.
  • Try out different speed tests and not just the one in the AirVPN client.
  • Sometimes with or without Network Lock can make a difference.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.