Not connected, Your IP: 52.55.55.239
Sign in to follow this  
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s server available: Aurigae

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that a new 1 Gbit/s server located in the USA is available: Aurigae.

The AirVPN client will show automatically this new server, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access it through our configuration/certificate/key generator (menu "Member Area"->"Access without our client").

The server accepts connections on port 53, 80 and 443 UDP and TCP.

As usual, no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Therefore, we provide currently the following servers in the USA:

Vega (1 Gbit/s, Oregon)

Sirius (1 Gbit/s, Virginia)

Aurigae (1 Gbit/s, Utah)

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove

AirVPN admins

You the man!!

Though, I'm surprised you chose to add another US server. I don't think I've ever seen Sirius or Vega approach half capacity yet all three 100 Mbits Netherlands servers often exceed capacity.

Still, as an American, I approve. I shall test this out.

You the man!!

Though, I'm surprised you chose to add another US server. I don't think I've ever seen Sirius or Vega approach half capacity yet all three 100 Mbits Netherlands servers often exceed capacity.

Still, as an American, I approve. I shall test this out.

Hello!

Thank you for your words, they are appreciated.

You are right, the bandwidth capacity in the USA was already largely oversized. However, the addition of another USA server has the aim to provide redundancy to the infrastructure in terms of servers numbers in different datacenters and also under a geographical point of view. While in the EU there's already enough redundancy and geo variety, in the USA such redundancy was not enough for our standards. The addition of Aurigae meets such needs and we are confident it will be welcome both by USA and non-USA customers.

Kind regards

With the uncertain climate of the internet these days it seems every other week it becomes necessary to switch to a different country vpn because a new form of censorship takes effect. I personally wouldn't use the US or UK servers at all anymore with the way things have been shaping up. Will there be any more non US UK servers in the future? I'm sure the netherland ones will start to fill up soon...

With the uncertain climate of the internet these days it seems every other week it becomes necessary to switch to a different country vpn because a new form of censorship takes effect. I personally wouldn't use the US or UK servers at all anymore with the way things have been shaping up. Will there be any more non US UK servers in the future? I'm sure the netherland ones will start to fill up soon...

Hello!

Yes, there will be additional non-UK and non-USA servers. The Netherlands are a very good option given their remarkably good infrastructure.

However, please note that NONE of the censorships around various western countries (including the Netherlands and UK wars againt The Pirate Bay) affect our servers.

Kind regards

I am happy to say that initial performance results are similar to Sirius. With multiple SFTP connections to a 100 Mbits server, I manage to nearly saturate my bandwidth.

P.S. Just tried Aurigae from the US and I connected fine but my torrent client still used my old interface/IP address. Switched back to Vega/Sirius and it works fine...FYI

P.S. Just tried Aurigae from the US and I connected fine but my torrent client still used my old interface/IP address. Switched back to Vega/Sirius and it works fine...FYI

Hello!

Perhaps the torrent client was already running before the connection to Aurigae?

Kind regards

Great! I get the same speed on this as I do on Vega, and this one doesn't seem to make Google think I'm in Hong Kong! Thanks!

Hello!

Please note that Aurigae will not accept connections and that already connected clients will be disconnected at 23:30 CET+1 on May, 22 2012.

Taking down Aurigae is momentarily necessary in order to allow us to fight in the best way copyright trolls which are massively bombing with alleged copyright infringement notices the exit-IP address of Aurigae, making one of our providers upset. There's no reason to worry since we are prepared for such incidents.

Our infrastructure is sufficiently redundant to provide plenty of bandwidth in the USA with the other US servers.

We will keep you informed.

Kind regards

I lost my connection to this server and it isn't in the list anymore, what happened?

EDIT: nevermind, I see the post about it now

This explains why I had issues with Aurigae last week.

Anyways, I recommend other AirVPN users practice a layered approach to torrenting. In addition to using AirVPN, to avoid inconveniencing AirVPN and potentially get them in trouble, I suggest using a seedbox located off-shore. Most US based copyright trolls ignore IPs from overseas. Alternatively, a proxy can be used with your torrent client.

I am sad at this development

An additional US Server is badly needed as otherwise there will be too much pressure on the other server. I still see myself using US servers most of the time due to US geographical limitation imposed on contents hosted at majority of the US based sites.

I hope AirVPN team will soon be able to get hold of another server provider who is not willing to succumb to copywrong trolls based in USA.

This explains why I had issues with Aurigae last week.

Anyways, I recommend other AirVPN users practice a layered approach to torrenting. In addition to using AirVPN, to avoid inconveniencing AirVPN and potentially get them in trouble, I suggest using a seedbox located off-shore. Most US based copyright trolls ignore IPs from overseas. Alternatively, a proxy can be used with your torrent client.

I'm sorry but i have no idea what you're saying. I'm a newb when it comes to things like this... Can you be a bit more specific on what kind of actions we need to take in order to protect our asses better?

Thanks in advance.

G.T.

Well, he's saying that if you are doing a lot of filesharing, you might want to get a seedbox - a server only dedicated to seeding/downloading torrents with high bandwidth. If you are in US and the seedbox is in germany, you might be safe... but they are not that cheap and finding a good provider isn't all that easy.

It's true that finding a good seedbox provider can be difficult but I think finding a good VPN provider is hard too and we've all found a great one!

I've been through a handful of seedbox providers myself and finally found two very good ones. To avoid spamming, because both of these providers also offer OpenVPN services, I'm not going to name them on the boards but just ask fellow users at your trackers for recommendations. Many users of private trackers are also seedbox users.

Still, even the cheapest off-shore seedbox providers can be useful simply because they don't get served with DCMA take-downs because of local laws. Additionally, having a seedbox handling the seeding and downloading can potentially save you time and precious bandwidth while still maintaining a nice seed ratio.

My setup is to use AirVPN's US servers for general privacy and security. I still connect to my seedboxes through AirVPN so my ISP has no evidence of me accessing offshore servers. My seedboxes are in EU nations that are resilient to DCMA inquiries so my seedboxes are fairly safe from their end.

I LOVE YOU AIRVPN. More people should be using this service!

After researching "seedboxes" I also think it's a great idea to invest in one. However, the prices can be steep and the availability of lower tiers seems to be zero. I'm determined to find for better anonymity (assuming I'm actually understanding the technology).

I can't believe I have never heard of these "seedboxes" before, I feel super dumb lol.

I know this is continuing an OT convo, but just for general edification:

http://file share freak.com/2012/05/10/seedbox-from-scratch-setting-up-your-very-first-server/ (delete spaces)

I don't torrent much at all any more so I can't give a review on the provider listed in the site above, but the basics are pretty much covered.