Not connected, Your IP: 18.218.184.214
airact

Can anyone recomend a linux disto. really works with open vpn

I have been reading about how for 6 years ubuntu has been not working on most linux distro, it does not allow people to have privacy, it seems like there is some conspiracy to design software that will not work. There is no way that after 6 years of this problem noone can fix it- it must be that they do not want us to use openvpn vpn

Is there any linux distro that you can install and it works with open vpn without having to become a computer programer¡¡

Hello!

Ubuntu is a Linux distro.

I think you'll find most of it works fine. Yes there were some privacy issues thanks to Canonical. But you can simply use a different, but similar distro if you want, like Linux Mint.

Just install and then download the Eddie client from this site and that will work, if you want the easiest solution; if I understand you correctly .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

I think you'll find most of it works fine. Yes there were some privacy issues thanks to Canonical. But you can simply use a different, but similar distro if you want, like Linux Mint.

Just install and then download the Eddie client from this site and that will work, if you want the easiest solution; if I understand you correctly .

+1 to LZ1 "The Wiseman" 

+1 to LZ1 "The Wiseman" 

Hello!

Haha, you're right, we should all just install Arch Linux and be done with it

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Mint is always a good choice, very simple to install and use.

Manjaro is also quite nice if you want to try Arch without all the installation effort

Went with OpenSuSE, ditched it because of too many issues.

Went with Debian, everything works, sometimes out of the box, sometimes with a little bit of configuration from my side. It's a healthy mix.

Ubuntu and Mint is what I call too much jam on a toasty Debian. I can understand some people like too much jam, though.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

after testing a lot of distro and sometimes a lot of headaches  , I'm stuck to Linux Mint in 2 versions:

18.1 cinnamon , working great out of the box

LMDE (debian edition) solid like a rock, but needing a little more adjustements .

Both of these versions are perfect with Eddie , hardly recommended ...dont use ovpn files !

Some interesting pages can be consulted to improve your installation like this one :

https://sites.google.com/site/easylinuxtipsproject/mint-cinnamon-first

https://itsfoss.com/things-to-do-after-installing-linux-mint-18/

Manjaro is also quite nice if you want to try Arch without all the installation effort

You should avoid Arch-based distros if you're going to use openvpn.

Many users have reported DNS issues.