Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.0.25
Staff

Eddie 2.12beta released

Tried this beta as the stable one (2.11.15) was stuck at "Starting" on OS X 10.12.3, hoping it would solve the issue.

At launch now, I'm asked for the admin password, then... nothing. It won't even launch.

Hello,

can you please check (just in case...) whether it starts minimized? Look for the tray icon (a tiny cloud in a circle) on the right side of your top Desktop bar. If it's there, Eddie is running, try to click the tray icon and select "Show Main Window" (i.e. just like you do to bring up a window of a minimized application).

If it's not there, please try to run Eddie from a terminal ("sudo airvpn -cli") and report back the output at your convenience. See also https://airvpn.org/topic/11541-command-line-edition-and-syntax/

Kind regards

hello,

In the xp x32 build several components appear to have not been updated, openvpn,openssl,plink,and stunnel.(in the 2.11.15 release as well)

Also the "OpenVPN Custom Path" appears to be broken.

Regards,

Bubo

hello, In the xp x32 build several components appear to have not been updated, openvpn,openssl,plink,and stunnel.(in the 2.11.15 release as well) Also the "OpenVPN Custom Path" appears to be broken. Regards, Bubo

OpenVPN can not be updated in the XP package, because it can't run anymore in Windows XP. We are dropping support to Windows XP which has been abandoned (lmainstream support ended in 2009, extended support ended in 2014).

Kind regards

Can --tls-crypt support be added to Eddie? "--tls-crypt feature can be used to increase users' connection privacy."

Source https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

Staff had responded to a request about that earlier. 

Apparently that option would cause many users on routers to be unable to use the service since the newest OpenVPN version has not yet been pushed to routers. 

This would also cause problems for users using earlier versions of the software. 

Can --tls-crypt support be added to Eddie? "--tls-crypt feature can be used to increase users' connection privacy."

Source https://openvpn.net/index.php/open-source/downloads.html

Staff had responded to a request about that earlier. 

Apparently that option would cause many users on routers to be unable to use the service since the newest OpenVPN version has not yet been pushed to routers. 

This would also cause problems for users using earlier versions of the software. 

That is a good reason to wait, but it should be implemented as fast as possible when full support is added to the routers.

Version 2.12.4 (Sun, 12 Mar 2017 19:39:02 +0000)

• [new] macOS - DMG disk installer flavor
  • [change] Sorting by location now consider also the country
  • [change] Linux - cacert.pem in /usr/share/AirVPN in .deb/.rpm edition
  • [new] Automatically add OpenVPN generic provider if /ovpn directory exists
  • [change] stunnel 'verify' new default value
  • [new] CLI "--version" and "--version.short" commands
  • [bugfix] macOS - Logging on file checkbox
  • [bugfix] macOS - PKG installer version

Version 2.12.4 (Sun, 12 Mar 2017 19:39:02 +0000)

• [new] macOS - DMG disk installer flavor
  • [change] Sorting by location now consider also the country
  • [change] Linux - cacert.pem in /usr/share/AirVPN in .deb/.rpm edition
  • [new] Automatically add OpenVPN generic provider if <data>/ovpn directory exists
  • [change] stunnel 'verify' new default value
  • [new] CLI "--version" and "--version.short" commands
  • [bugfix] macOS - Logging on file checkbox
  • [bugfix] macOS - PKG installer version

The addition of auto adding files in /ovpn folder works perfectly and I can now connect to my own server through Eddie, but the country thing resets if I refresh server list so that the detected location gets wiped perhaps that can be looked into?

I'm on the 2.12.4 beta with macosx 10.12.4 beta and I'm getting  curl: (28) Connection timed out after 10004 milliseconds

I solved this curl: (28) problem {on macOS Sierra 10.12.3 (stable)} by doing a simple restart.

Also, since I learned from what I've read around the forum, never quit the app without disconnecting, and log out.

I always do the steps properly, and since then, I've encountered zero problems after.

The addition of auto adding files in /ovpn folder works perfectly and I can now connect to my own server through Eddie, but the country thing resets if I refresh server list so that the detected location gets wiped perhaps that can be looked into?

You are right, Eddie detect flag and other info at runtime, but don't save it yet. Will be improved in next versions.

I'm running Eddie 2.12.4 on macOS 10.12.4. Having a connection failure with the following in the log:

curl: (77) SSL: can't load CA certificate file /Applications/Apps/Comm/AirVPN/Eddie.app/Contents/MacOS/../Resources/cacert.pem

I've tried both the disk image and "portable" distributions. The file "cacert.pem" does indeed exist inside the Eddie package at Contents/Resources/cacert.pem . Don't know why the filepath above goes into "MacOS" then back up.

Everything works if I disable "Check AirVPN DNS" and "Check if the tunnel effectively works".

Can this problem really be unique to my system?