Not connected, Your IP: 3.145.51.102
princi

Merlin 380.65 support

This is not a request but a Thank You.

I've been using the latest Merlin build for Asus routers in Exclusive DNS mode for about a month. I found it strange that it was using 10.30.0.1 as the DNS. As a result, a few things didn't work, eg. Netflix and BBC iPlayer.

I recently generated a new config file for Kitalpha and noticed that it now uses 10.4.0.1 as DNS in Exclusive mode.

The result is that Netflix and BBC iPlayer now work! I had given up hope, but no, someone made a change that made all the difference.

It's restored my faith in AirVPN.

Thanks.

Glad it works but 10.30.0.1 and 10.4.0.1 really point to the same DNS  - the server to which you're connected.  Not sure why the change.  Were you always using Kitalpha? 

Eddie tells me that the DNS for Kitalpha is 10.4.0.1 so I considered it an improvement.

Yes, I have always been using Kitalpha although initially the Port 2018 version. Maybe that is the reason for the change.

Unfortunately, BBC has stopped working again - but Netflix still works. Limited to the Swiss catalogue of course.

Hopefully AirVPN can find a way to make iPlayer work (I'm using the Android TV app not a web browser).

Hopefully AirVPN can find a way to make iPlayer work (I'm using the Android TV app not a web browser).

BBC iPlayer works perfectly from Swiss servers, at the moment of this writing.

Kind regards

Not from an Android TV (iPlayer app) and not Downloading from the BBC iPlayer (iPad).

Yes, it works from a browser or for streaming to an iPad.

A couple of days ago, it started working on Android TV - BBC must have temporarily disabled their region checking by mistake.

(from another post)

BBC provides video both as HDS (Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming) and HLS (Apple HTTP Live Streaming), as well as RTMP. For an explanation, you could start here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adaptive_bitrate_streaming

Browsing with Firefox uses HDS. I find that Firefox streaming/HDS works on any AirVPN server I try.

But ripping with get_iplayer uses HLS. I find that I have to use a U.K. server in order for get_iplayer/HLS to work..