Not connected, Your IP: 18.188.241.82
Sign in to follow this  
bluesjunior

Air VPN DNS servers

I have upgraded my Buffalo WHR G300N router to the proper DD-WRT version and not being any sort of PC expert am now getting the info I need in order to have it clear in my head before I pay my money to join. I think I have it mostly figured out but there are a couple of questions I still need answers to. (1) Which server location should I use if I am located in the British Isles?. and (2) I use Comodo Secure DNS servers on my PC and would prefer to keep them but from what I understand I have to configure the DNS1 client to the Air VPN ones instead if so where do I find this information?.

I have upgraded my Buffalo WHR G300N router to the proper DD-WRT version and not being any sort of PC expert am now getting the info I need in order to have it clear in my head before I pay my money to join. I think I have it mostly figured out but there are a couple of questions I still need answers to. (1) Which server location should I use if I am located in the British Isles?. and (2) I use Comodo Secure DNS servers on my PC and would prefer to keep them but from what I understand I have to configure the DNS1 client to the Air VPN ones instead if so where do I find this information?.

Hello!

(1) You can test all the servers in order to determine which one can give you the best performance.

(2) You can use the DNS servers you prefer. Information about the private network are available here: https://airvpn.org/specs

Kind regards

Thank you for the reply. I was going through the configuration tutorial here and checking it against my own DD-WRT install and saw that it is different. I do not have the VPN screen shown in your tutorial. After a lot of googling and visiting the DD-WRT website it appears that the version of DD-WRT v24 sp2(03/19/12)std (build18777) that I have for my Buffalo WHR G300Nv2 router does not have that configuration. I cannot seem to find out either if a vpn build is even available for mine or where I can download it from.

Under services in mine I have a header called VPN and inside it are two options (1) PPTP Server and (2) PPTP Client and in the help menu at the right side it states opposite the PPTP Server option "Open VPN Server/Daemon" and opposite the PPTP Client option states "Policy Based Routing". I must admit here that I am an older gent and not very PC tekkie at all but I am not stupid and can follow a tutorial like the one on your DD-WRT link here but if it deviates from that I am not certain I could configure it by myself. I am very interested in becoming an Air VPN customer as I like your ethos as well as the reviews you get but am now not sure if my version of DD-WRT is capable of being configured to your program or am I wrong?.

Thank you for the reply. I was going through the configuration tutorial here and checking it against my own DD-WRT install and saw that it is different. I do not have the VPN screen shown in your tutorial. After a lot of googling and visiting the DD-WRT website it appears that the version of DD-WRT v24 sp2(03/19/12)std (build18777) that I have for my Buffalo WHR G300Nv2 router does not have that configuration. I cannot seem to find out either if a vpn build is even available for mine or where I can download it from.

Under services in mine I have a header called VPN and inside it are two options (1) PPTP Server and (2) PPTP Client and in the help menu at the right side it states opposite the PPTP Server option "Open VPN Server/Daemon" and opposite the PPTP Client option states "Policy Based Routing". I must admit here that I am an older gent and not very PC tekkie at all but I am not stupid and can follow a tutorial like the one on your DD-WRT link here but if it deviates from that I am not certain I could configure it by myself. I am very interested in becoming an Air VPN customer as I like your ethos as well as the reviews you get but am now not sure if my version of DD-WRT is capable of being configured to your program or am I wrong?.

Hello!

Please see here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/WHR-G300N_V2

and here:

http://www.dd-wrt.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=662679

Unfortunately, full OpenVPN support for your router model does not appear to be available due to RAM limitations.

However, you can still connect to our VPN directly with your computers.

Kind regards