Not connected, Your IP: 3.144.91.47
zzakkem

No announcements of outages

I'm liking AirVPN so far and I am aware that occasional outages and server problems are unavoidable. However, what I find very troubling is when there are zero announcements of these things, or maybe they are somewhere in a random post within these forums, or some other place, but they're not actually visiable at ONE place in a clear overview (correct me if I'm wrong here).

All Sweden servers are currently down, yet I don't see a mention of it in this Forum's "News and Announcement" section nor on AirVPN's Twitter account (The official Twitter account is usually the first place to check if there are any problems with online services of ANY company). On Android, I just had to guess that this would be the problem now, as there's no AirVPN Android client that would show that the Sweden servers are all at 0 bandwith currently.

Furthermore, there seem to be general connectivity issues if there's a bit of a higher bandwith need currently. For example, right now on all of my devices that are connected to AirVPN servers, as soon as I watch a YouTube video for about 2 minutes, the connection will drop. This only happens on those devices that are connected to AirVPN and it only just started doing this today, so I don't think it has to do with my setup. Yet, again, I fail to see any mention of any problems here.

This is to say that, as a customer, I would wish for more transparency. If the service is currently having issues or is unreachable, or certain locations are down at this moment, it's completely fine and understandable, but please say so.

Best regards

Hello!

With almost 200 servers, issues to at least one datacenter can occur multiple times during a year. It is really not necessary to overwhelm a forum or a Twitter account for each of these issues (except when the problem is a major problem, of course) because we have public real time servers monitor that serves the purpose better than anything else. Have a look at it, someone told us that it's spectacular. Click "Status" from our web site upper menu.

You can even click each single server for detailed stats and history, with nice graphs, of that server.

Kind regards

Hello!

With almost 200 servers, issues to at least one datacenter can occur multiple times during a year. It is really not necessary to overwhelm a forum or a Twitter account for each of these issues (except when the problem is a major problem, of course) because we have public real time servers monitor that serves the purpose better than anything else. Have a look at it, someone told us that it's spectacular. Click "Status" from our web site upper menu.

You can even click each single server for detailed stats and history, with nice graphs, of that server.

Kind regards

I am aware of the Status page. Unfortunately, it doesn't help for server issues that go beyond their mere availability / bandwith. If I can connect to the server, but as soon as I stream a video, that connection drops, that's one example for an issue that has happened to me and others, and that was disclosed nowhere. After trying to get it resolved, I've found it to be an issue only affecting certain AirVPN servers, which I then had to try and find. In this case, I contacted a friend of mine who's also on Air and was on a server that worked. When he connected to the same Air server I was on, suddenly he had the same problems, so it's not on my / our end.

As a customer, it would save a lot time to see some disclosure of ongoing server problems. Again, these things are not covered by your status page, nor can they be, because these are non-generic issues.

In general, I do like AirVPN's service and it's definitely not the only VPN service with server problems from time to time (it's also absolutely to be expected, for any online service ever made), but whenever an issue is mentioned, it gets answered by staff in a condescending tone, be that on purpose or not. More transparency is something that customers would appreciate, and reporting ongoing issues and how they're resolved in a timely manner would not make AirVPN look bad - quite the contrary.

I still appreciate the answer.

Regards

If I can connect to the server, but as soon as I stream a video, that connection drops, that's one example for an issue that has happened to me and others, and that was disclosed nowhere.

This deserves it's own thread and not related to your original question. The status page is there for global server issues, individual issues should have a thread or support ticket.

More transparency is something that customers would appreciate, and reporting ongoing issues and how they're resolved in a timely manner would not make AirVPN look bad - quite the contrary.

This already exists in the most transparent way possible, I would say unique to all VPN providers but I didn't check all others. Each server has an historical data when it

was offline, including graphs for more advanced users, and a brief explanation about the issue - line problems, hardware issue, maintenance, etc.

For example:

https://airvpn.org/servers/Mimosa/

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Latest Issues

If you encounter an issue and it's also in the Latest Issues after five minutes, it's not your issue. Otherwise, ask for support.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.