Not connected, Your IP: 18.191.174.168

I've been using CactusVPN for two years now, and decided that I would look around at my options.  Currently I have a request in to trial AirVPN, which I'm sure is just postponing my inevitable subscription as I really like what I am reading in these forums, across the website(s), and the "air"/community of AirVPN.

I'm realizing that I had some pretty good tunnel vision, as these forums and my search for alternate VPN's have shown me; that there are many more things to consider besides a "kill switch" for your P2P client on a VPN... so I'm looking forward to educating myself as time goes by and asking questions here as I get more interested in my privacy, and other important topics.

CactusVPN did deliver a product that I felt served me well for my purposes at the time.  Their client was pretty minimalistic, their countries/servers were small, but connections were quite good, and I often hit my 25Mb bandwidth capacity.

I never new about nor checked for IP/DNS Leaks, so I can't comment on that.

I also didn't have much of a relationship with them either except for paying my annual subscription.  No community per say, nor did they go out of their way to engage me.

If you like closing your eyes and look at a VPN subscription like a black box, use a client with a few settings (and a kill switch), and only want your part to involve handing over some cash annually to keep the "party" going... CactusVPN won't disappoint.

I guess you could say that I wanted more.

While trialing Air VPN today, I had IPLeak running.  At one point I wanted a comparison back to the CactusVPN client and was surprised to see an IPv6 address listed after the IP/Port in the Torrent Address detection under CactusVPN's watch (the only protection they had to enable was DNS Leak).

I don't know enough to know how bad or not that ready is, but I can say that:

• I recognized and identified the first few digits of the IPv6 address when I ran the IPLeak test without VPN (So related to my real IP )
  • I'm sure glad IPv6 isn't common, and think I got lucky that no letters came my way while using CactusVPN

Thank You Air VPN!

P.S.  CactusVPN officially uninstalled... no turning back now.

Yup this happens with torrents, AirVPN is top on leak protections, but with most other providers you're best to disable IPv6 for torrent use.

I've been with AirVPN for years but am looking at Cactus VPN.  Too many sites are starting to blacklist al known VPN IP's.   I can no longer watch my "local" team on Major League Baseball because i'm blacked out even though I'm 300 miles away from the city. 

Cactus's VPN isn't yet blacklisted and it worked via their trial plus I can also get it with a Smart DNS so another way to avoid blacklists.  I wish Air offered something like SmartDNS.  I really don't want to switch but I also don't want to pay another fee for something like unlocator which also worked when Air's VPN failed to get around the blackout.

@gelliss

Airvpn have smartdns if you use airdns but it can’t unblock all websites

@gelliss

I'm confused. How do you use smartdns with Airvpn?   I tried unlocator to unblock Major league baseball and that worked but all the servers I tried with Airvpn were blocked.

@gelliss

I'm confused. How do you use smartdns with Airvpn?   I tried unlocator to unblock Major league baseball and that worked but all the servers I tried with Airvpn were blocked.

Hello!

Normally it's done by using the Air Eddie client, which handles things like DNS and therefore micro-routing automatically.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks, LZ1.   If it's automatic then it's not working for mlb.tv     I just tried it.   I thought I had to set something in the client for it.

Yes with Eddie or you add manual airvpn dns in your System

If it’s not work send airvpn staff a message maybe they can unblock it

I did send a message to staff.   They said they'd take a look at it.   major league baseball must be doing a blanket blacklisting of known VPN IPs and some vpn companies just haven't been added as yet.