Not connected, Your IP: 18.234.154.197
Sign in to follow this  
rokyn

slow speed [solved]

hi,

i have recently switched from free to premium account because i was experiencing poor performance to the point that often sites could not even load. I paid 7€ for one month subscription but the experience hardly improved. Using the speed test on your site i can't go further than 400kbps (often slower) whereas as soon as i disconnect from the vpn i reach at least 1200kbps (usually faster).

i followed HugeHedon guide to set openvpn with ubuntu and everything seems to work fine, on your website it says i am connected with premium access.

also, is there a way to delete the config files, esp. the user.key from my hard drive or anyway can you suggest me a way to protect these files from unwanted access from someone that might be remotely connected to my pc?

thanks

update:

problem solved, i noticed i still had the free server ip so i downloaded new config files for premium user (didn't think to do it b4 as website was telling me i already had premium access so i wrongly figured it was an automatic switch) and now speed is ok.

rokyn wrote:

update:

problem solved, i noticed i still had the free server ip so i downloaded new config files for premium user (didn't think to do it b4 as website was telling me i already had premium access so i wrongly figured it was an automatic switch) and now speed is ok.

Hello! We're glad to hear that you solved the problem. As a matter of fact, it is important that you connect to premium server(s) when you have paid for them: free servers are meant for non-premium members and your bandwidth will be limited even if you are premium when you connect to them. Obviously only premium members can connect to premium servers.

We picked this solution to optimize performance for premium members and in order to be able to guarantee an high allocated bandwidth to them.

That said, protection of user.key is very important. You might consider to keep all the keys and config files encrypted, if you are afraid that someone might gain unauthorized access to your computer. Tools like TrueCrypt are excellent, as long as you never leave your partition/files unencrypted while the computer is unattended.

http://www.truecrypt.org/

Kind regards

AirVPN admins