Not connected, Your IP: 3.141.29.145
Sign in to follow this  
gelliss

How to fix file transfers on IM programs?

I use Miranda IM program for ICQ, Yahoo and MSN. I've noticed when I connect to the VPN, miranda connects fine but file transfers don't work. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Looking around I'm wondering if I need to open the same ports in the VPN that I have set in Miranda and opened in my router? Has anyone run in to this problem on the vpn?

Just a followup to my own post. I'm able to send to someone else through the vpn. I just can't receive files through it. It works fine both ways when the vpn isn't connected.

Just a followup to my own post. I'm able to send to someone else through the vpn. I just can't receive files through it. It works fine both ways when the vpn isn't connected.

Hello!

In order to receive files Miranda listens to configurable ports: you can configure listening ports in menu "Options", entry "Network". Just pick those ports so that they match the ports that you have remotely forwarded on our servers.

Kind regards

Just bumping this old thread. I've never been able to get this to work. I have a range of ports set in miranda for both incoming and outgoing connections. Then I forward those same ports in my router so file transfers work. Next I tried forwarding some of the same ports on Airvpn but when on the vpn I immediately get a message saying "connectiong through proxy" in miranda and the transfers fail.

Miranda has also now added an option to use upnp instead but with upnp it will use different ports each time so I can't figure out how to make it work while on the vpn.

Just bumping this old thread. I've never been able to get this to work. I have a range of ports set in miranda for both incoming and outgoing connections. Then I forward those same ports in my router so file transfers work. Next I tried forwarding some of the same ports on Airvpn but when on the vpn I immediately get a message saying "connectiong through proxy" in miranda and the transfers fail.

Miranda has also now added an option to use upnp instead but with upnp it will use different ports each time so I can't figure out how to make it work while on the vpn.

Hello!

Can you please post this issue on the Miranda support forum?

Kind regards