Not connected, Your IP: 3.234.246.109
Sign in to follow this  
darckhart

ANSWERED OSX Sierra, Airvpn Client v2.10, sometimes does not start?

This has been happening intermittently and getting annoying where AirVPN client just hangs for whatever reason...

OSX Sierra v10.12.2

AirVPN Client v2.10

on macbook pro retina, 13 in, early 2015

click on AirVPN icon in Applications folder to launch, popup window asks for admin password, enter that, and then AirVPN icon shows up on the dock like it should in grey color and then nothing....

when it's working, after the grey icon shows in the dock, then the little icon pops up in the taskbar and I can click it and select "show main window" where I can then see the Overview tab and start logging in etc.

Force quit and relaunch does not solve anything. Log out and log in doesn't work either. Actually have to do a full reboot.

Any ideas why it hangs and won't put up the little icon in the taskbar so I can click it and get the main window to show?

(I tried using the experimental client Eddie v2.11.10, but apparently that version doesn't work with Sierra either. But, at least it launches and I get to see the main window, but then it hangs on "Starting....")

Hello,

upgrade to Eddie 2.13.6 (latest stable version). Eddie 2.10.3 is years old and is not fully compatible with macOS Sierra and High Sierra. It was programmed when Sierra did not even exist in beta version.

Kind regards