Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.134.99
Adzkii

Firewall custom rules get reset?

Hello guys,

Ever since i installed AirVPN software with network lock on, at every boot my firewall custom inbound/outbound rules get reset automatically? I then have to manually add the rules again at every boot. I don't know if i'm missing something or not. I'm currently on windows 7 x64

Cheers.

Hello!

Yes that happens, as Network Lock changes Windows Firewall rules in order to work. It maaaay be different if you use the Beta client, as it has the option of not using Windows Firewall.

Welcome to AirVPN by the way ^^

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello!

Yes that happens, as Network Lock changes Windows Firewall rules in order to work. It maaaay be different if you use the Beta client, as it has the option of not using Windows Firewall.

Welcome to AirVPN by the way ^^

Thanks for the reply, why does it have to reset the rules? can't it just add it's own rules permanently instead of reset the rules by adding it's own rules repeatedly at every boot?

If it made the rules permanent, there would be a flood of angry customers wondering why they couldn't connect to the internet when AirVPN was off . When NL is deactivated, it tries to restore things to how they were previously. When this fails, as it often does in the Stable 2.10 client if it's closed down incorrectly (killed "without grace" as Staff says), you get issues .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.