Not connected, Your IP: 54.81.61.14

Hello all,

I have read all the information here: airvpn.org/topic/9161-you-provide-remote-port-forwarding-what-is-it/

And I have done other digging within the forum. It just seems that these posts are not helping me fix my issue so I am coming to you pros for help!

My issue:

Trying to forward ports 6112 and 6113 on TCP/UDP [both], for a game I play.

So:

I go to the port forwarding section in the Client Area, and I put 6112 in as the LOCAL PORT. I click 'Add' -- it then generates another port number for me such as 9898. In theory, that's all I need to do - according to other forum posts and the link I posted above. What is the relevance of this 9898 in the grand scheme? I know for bitorrent, I can use the '9898' as my incoming port so torrent works properly. And I already did that. But for the game it doesn't work.

However, it's still not working when I play the game. Any ideas?

If I'm not on VPN, the way I do this is: Go to my router, forward ports 6112 and 6113 on both protocols and set my internal IP. And then go to port triggering and put that in the router too (I have a linksys router). And that's it - works beautifully this way.

Is there something I am missing?