Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.180.32

Hi everyone,

The french server "Thuban" was unavailable since few days and it has been now deleted...

I was using this server to watch french tv show and visit a lot of french website from UK and it is now impossible for me.

When a french server will be up again ?

Kind regards

Hello!

As per what Air stated, when French datacenters meet Airs standards, simply.

But since we don't know when they will or when Air will find one that already does, we also don't know when we'll get another French server.

But you can be sure that Air knows it's in its interest to set up a new French server as soon as possible.

It just can't risk Air customers; as the potential loss of integrity, security and trust, is worse than the loss of a server or two. (Which is why we love Air, isn't it?)

Bon appetite

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hi zhang888,

I tried to find out information in the FAQ and forum about the French micro-routing server you were mentoning, but couldn't find what it is and how to configure this in order to continue skipping geo localisation to access french reserved content.

Could you please help me understanding what it is and how it works?

Thanks !

Hi zhang888,

I tried to find out information in the FAQ and forum about the French micro-routing server you were mentoning, but couldn't find what it is and how to configure this in order to continue skipping geo localisation to access french reserved content.

Could you please help me understanding what it is and how it works?

Thanks !

Haha, you don't have to do anything, it's automatic for supported websites.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

you must be using Air DNS is the only requirement besides being connected to a VPN server.

Good detail! Thanks for adding that. I took it for granted that he would be

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

@LZ1 : I understand that Air wants to keep customers integrety and security, that's why I chose them... Damn French laws... Hope it will be possible to have another server without risk for customers.

Btw I didn't understand the fact with the micro-routing server? Is there still a way to get a French geo localisation at this moment? Because when I check in AirVPN servers (on website or software) there is no possibility to choose and connect to a french server.

We must be using AIR DNS ?

Sorry I am a bit new, if someone could explain me ...

Thanks guys

Hi guys,

Thanks for your replies.

@LZ1 : I understand that Air wants to keep customers integrety and security, that's why I chose them... Damn French laws... Hope it will be possible to have another server without risk for customers.

Btw I didn't understand the fact with the micro-routing server? Is there still a way to get a French geo localisation at this moment? Because when I check in AirVPN servers (on website or software) there is no possibility to choose and connect to a french server.

We must be using AIR DNS ?

Sorry I am a bit new, if someone could explain me ...

Thanks guys

if you're using Eddie, the AirVPN software, it uses Air DNS by default.

Micro Routing is done automatically for media providers for which Air has provided support.  That means you could connect to any VPN server and micro-routing works.  If your French media provider isn't working then create a post in the blocked web sites section of this forum describing what it is you'd like them to micro-route to you.

Hi,

So  I can connect to a Belgium or UK server (for example) and be geolocalized in France so, with a kind of french IP ?

Hi,

So  I can connect to a Belgium or UK server (for example) and be geolocalized in France so, with a kind of french IP ?

You can be connected to any server and get access to whichever French content you want, as long as the website you're trying to access is supported by Air.

Hi,

Thank you for the explanation.

I'm using the Eddie AirVPN Client.

I could check that some of the content of sites such as tf1.fr is well displayed when I'm connected to any VPN server (while showing "you are not in the right area...blablabla" when not connected). But some remains black. If I well got it, I will jump to the blocked web sites section.

And actually the one I'm mainly targetting is the free channel from l'équipe (sports news channel), which is not in the list of supported websites...

Anyway thanks for the support, very valuable !

Hi guys,

It's awesome I can watch french tv show (live and replays from TF1, France2, M6...) from different servers, the micro-routing works well with these websites I didn't know it.

I thought only french servers could connect to french website, that's so cool!

Thanks for your helps guys, I guess I can put the post on solved!

Hi guys,

It's awesome I can watch french tv show (live and replays from TF1, France2, M6...) from different servers, the micro-routing works well with these websites I didn't know it.

I thought only french servers could connect to french website, that's so cool!

Thanks for your helps guys, I guess I can put the post on solved!

It's one of the lovely features of AirVPN and why it's so worth supporting ^__^.

Enjoy.