Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.144.32
coBras

AirVPN Trap?!

First post,.

I've recommended AirVPN to a friend who then went and did research. When asked him why he not go with AirVPN he showed me something I found strange. A user on internet forum claims AirVPN was used to "trap him". Unfortunately last post is him confirming he got knock at the door and under investigation. Something about the post makes me think this is true.

Nobody knows what he did to deserve however the claim did give concern about the security of this service and think this claim should be brought to the attention of AirVPN and customers, may not be aware of it.

Screenshot attach.

So, he forgot his PayPal subscription turned on, then was surprised he was charged.

Great hacker. But that doesn't add up to the real story:

He used the service to DDoS some internal and other infrastructure, and wrote

this moronic post that we kept here deliberately for all to laugh:

https://airvpn.org/topic/17904-my-review-010/

The username is  different but the style of writing and dates in question are identical.

Regarding the last accusation, pretty much equals to "I bought a hamburger, few

days later the police started interrogating me. BurgerKing is a trap."

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Honestly, I don't think anything on HackForums is real. They use CloudFare and don't allow use of VPN's/proxy's to access their site... Something about a "hacker" forum not embracing privacy is shady... But HackForums is full of skids that embrace their friends products with "vouches" like "Rep! I have tested the product and it's the best I've seen." maybe not in those exact words but... you know what I mean

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

"The Internet is by the people, for the people." - Kim Dotcom

Search the name felicixus and most topics on the guy is "FELICIXUS SCAMMED ME".... 

So, he forgot his PayPal subscription turned on, then was surprised he was charged.

The username is  different but the style of writing and dates in question are identical.

I am curious... I know AirVPN keeps no logs and is respective of their users privacy, but how were they able to find out who was doing the actions?

"I don't see myself as a hero because what I'm doing is self-interested: I don't want to live in a world where there's no privacy and therefore no room for intellectual exploration and creativity." - Edward Snowden

I am curious... I know AirVPN keeps no logs and is respective of their users privacy, but how were they able to find out who was doing the actions?

Hello!

I think they answered that in the review.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I think they answered that in the review.

apply-cold-water-to-the-burned-area.jpeg

"konstigarord" is swedish and means "strange words" btw (    )

Hello!

I think they answered that in the review.

Ah ok... I missed that. Great answer as always from Air!

Excellent response. I've been watching a lot of documentaries recently on current cyber security/mass surveillance and have taken some introductory courses on it as well. I'm usually always left thinking that everyone should be using a solid VPN these days. 

Thanks for clearing this up.

CoBras-- I mentioned this in a post in another thread, but there was a Dutch computer tech geek who was a guest a few years ago on The Keiser Report. According to this guy, if every private user would use a good VPN when getting online, it would be impossible for the NSA to try to break the encryption because of the expense involved. No, this is not an uncompensated endorsement of AirVPN, but it's okay with me if anyone wants to think so.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News