Not connected, Your IP: 34.203.242.200
Kepler_452b

Meanwhile in America after Trump

- Anti-Trump riot in Oregon

- Four nights of protest marches in various cities

- Petitions to secede from the Union.

- Privacy and human rights campaigners have expressed fears over the prospect of Trump gaining access to the vast global US and UK surveillance network.

- "Rallies scheduled for Saturday in New York and Los Angeles, and a protest planned for Washington on Jan. 20, when Trump succeeds President Barack Obama, will be just the beginning" activists said in a series of interviews.

- From Al Sharpton, civil rights activist whose National Action Network plans to launch a new organizing effort at its New York headquarters on Saturday,

“We are not going to be as ugly as them, but we are going to be just as persistent,” “This is not going away.”

-From the ANSWER Coalition, a broad-based U.S. protest group: “The people are going to fight back against the Trump agenda from day one,” The group planned to continue to protest throughout Trump’s four-year term.

- From retiring Democratic senate leader Harry Reid: “I have heard more stories in the past 48 hours of Americans living in fear of their own government and their fellow Americans than I can remember hearing in five decades in politics,”

- From Denver: "'Not Our President:' Anti-Trump Protesters Snarl Downtown Traffic and Block I-25."

- In Italy: Italians are commiserating / mocking America for electing Trump by tweeting under the hashtag #Trumpusconi

- In Philadelphia, protester Deb Bentzel marched to reject "the racism, hate, misogyny and fear that this man (Trump) projects and fosters in others."

- More than 10,000 have signed up for a Saturday march from New York’s Union Square to Trump Tower, as unrest continues following his victory

I will just say that media tries very, very hard to convince people that their fears are the same as the establishment's fears - and we see the results here. And anyone concerned about mass surveillance under Trump should give big thanks to Obama, who have consistently expanded an inherently abusive system and made sure it's ripe for pretty much any additional abuse you can think of, just the way he wanted it to be. So sad to see him go 

I will just say that media tries very, very hard to convince people that their fears are the same as the establishment's fears - and we see the results here. And anyone concerned about mass surveillance under Trump should give big thanks to Obama, who have consistently expanded an inherently abusive system and made sure it's ripe for pretty much any additional abuse you can think of, just the way he wanted it to be. So sad to see him go 

Hello!

That's the ironic part of it isn't it. The same liberals who decry Trump on the basis of various human rights concerns, are the same people who would easily continue to be deceived under an Obama or Clinton administration; even in regards to violations of those very same rights that they're protesting about now. All because the likes of Clinton and co simply do a better job of hiding or downplaying their own repeated misdemeanors and acts of terrorism, just because they mostly occur abroad. If there's 1 good thing about a Trump presidency, it must surely be the chance that the US population finally wakes up and starts getting more interested in the Democratic process, by learning how to organise themselves and protest often. As opposed to now, where people are very atomised and split from each other. Then again, that's what Bernie tried to create.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I wish Vladimir Putin WAS my president!

No... seriously. I'm not being sarcastic.

Putin has proven he possesses far better leadership and political skills than any Amerikan politician I know of since FDR. I'm not saying he's perfect; no politician ever is. But I will most certainly take him over any political dummy here in the U.S. Of bloody A.

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes.

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

Putin has proven he possesses far better leadership and political skills than any Amerikan politician I know of since FDR. I'm not saying he's perfect; no politician ever is. But I will most certainly take him over any political dummy here in the U.S. Of bloody A.

If you want Putin for your President, become a Russian citizen.

If you want Putin for your President, become a Russian citizen.

He could also become an American citizen, if he isn't. It would be much the same

Putin does a good job of marketing himself I think. He appears strong, intelligent and real - if you only watch RT.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Kepler452_b-- Why don't you just leave if you're so unsettled about the outcome of the election? And I ask this while going out of my way to point out that I don't like it that Trump won.

Yes, I do watch RT. Everyday and often. I apologize to no one. If anyone thinks I'm letting myself be brainwashed, go right ahead and think it. I would counter that you're getting brainwashed by watching or reading any Amerikan or western based "news" entities.

A friend of mine many years ago had a saying about anyone who had ideological differences with him: "You go to hell your way and I'll go to hell mine."

(By the way, in response to LZ1 wondering if I'm a U.S. citizen, I've lived in North Carolina my whole life.)

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. —George Orwell

The further society drifts from truth the more it hates those who speak it. —George Orwell

No one ever lost a dime underestimating the intelligence of the amerikan public. {Generally attributed to H.L. Mencken}

THANK YOU: Russia Today; Edward Snowden; Julian Assange; John Kiriakou; Thomas Drake; William Binney; Ray McGovern; Kirk Wiebe; Matt Taibbi; Sputnik News

Kepler452_b-- Why don't you just leave if you're so unsettled about the outcome of the election? And I ask this while going out of my way to point out that I don't like it that Trump won.

Yes, I do watch RT. Everyday and often. I apologize to no one. If anyone thinks I'm letting myself be brainwashed, go right ahead and think it. I would counter that you're getting brainwashed by watching or reading any Amerikan or western based "news" entities.

A friend of mine many years ago had a saying about anyone who had ideological differences with him: "You go to hell your way and I'll go to hell mine."

(By the way, in response to LZ1 wondering if I'm a U.S. citizen, I've lived in North Carolina my whole life.)

Ah, North Carolina, redneck country...splains a lot

Putin won't have to become a U.S. citizen, with Trump's help he can simply annex America like he did the Crimea. Then you'll get your wish, tovarisch. But your friends n neighbors will have to give up intra-familial breeding; the Russian Church frowns on that.

Thousands of people have turned out to protest in at least 50 cities across the United States in the days since Donald J. Trump was elected president.

Donald Trump has already done wonders for Democracy

Thank you for the links Kepler - It's good you stay updated and determined. I admire that.

Donald Trump will destroy democracy, which I'm finally understanding you will consider wonderful.

Don't put words into my mouth please.

1 - The US barely has democracy to begin with.

2 - DT will hardly do a worse job than Hillary or the nearest equivalent. Including Obama. The difference is rather, that he's more obvious in what he does.

3 - I like democracy. But as I said in another comment, it has to be genuine. Which currently, it often isn't. Especially in the US.

4 - Maybe if it did crumble, it can be re-built and people may actually value it then, as well as derive actual value from it. As opposed to now, where democracy has been hijacked by corporations.

As per number 2: Under Obama for instance, drone strikes have increased hugely. But what it really amounts to, is closer to some kind of global assasination campaign. After all, they can attack anyone they like. Now imagine if Iran was doing random drone strikes in the US and justified it with that it's simply "hunting down terrorists". How would you feel? Probably none too safe. Well that's what the US has been doing and is continuing to do. Now, I respect you, but I find it quite troubling that you appear to either refuse or be unwilling to understand the other side of events. I get that you're against Trump, as well as Hillary. But it's not enough to just act outraged when your values are stomped on - you also, in my opinion, need to understand things in more ways than one. Which I don't feel that you're doing. I'm not asking for you to be Pro-Russia or Pro-DT at all or even Anti-US or Anti-Democracy and so on. But simply that you display a more nuanced point of view .

Of course, I don't control you and don't want to either, so these are my views. I just think that it gets a little repetitive being shocked/outraged at DT and, in a sense, almost exaggerating the damage he'll do. Because I struggle to see how it would be any different, if he weren't elected. Now I'm talking about democracy of course. In terms of climate change, he's the undisputed nightmare I suppose .

These rioters are very bad and dangerous people. They are actually demonstrating against democracy with free and open elections. They should move to North Korea where they would be much happier.

nope. they are actually participating in democracy.

They are paid from Soros. Its all planed. Do some research or know how the system and the nwo want it to works. trump doesnt come well for it.

oh yea totally... i don't like trump so I MUST be payed... no way ANYONE could dislike someone who brags about sexual assault and has been taken to court for not renting to black people... yea not a chance people don't support him, they must all be payed

Ah, North Carolina, redneck country...splains a lot

Putin won't have to become a U.S. citizen, with Trump's help he can simply annex America like he did the Crimea. Then you'll get your wish, tovarisch. But your friends n neighbors will have to give up intra-familial breeding; the Russian Church frowns on that.

Well, well, well Kepler... Your know-it-all neo-liberal arrogance is showing. Not surprsing. I said earlier that I voted for Jill Stein and despise Clinton and Trump equally. Have I somehow not made that clear enough? My suspicion is you've chosen to ignore it because it's inconvenient to your personal demogoguery. Anywhoooooozle.....

Why would Putin want to annex a bunch of mouthbreathing Trump people and self-important, head-up-their-shving-shving Clintonistas? He has enough to worry about what with NATO (an anachronism) building up all around Russia's border. And as a FACTUAL correction to the widely held myth here in the west, Crimea was NOT annexed. The overwhelming majority of Crimean citizens democratically voted to align with the Russian Federation. Another inconvenient truth the brainwashed west will never accept. Your stubborn insistence that it was a forced annexation is just an out and out lie. But if it gives you shallow psychological and emotional comfort to believe it anyway, I can't stop you. I'm convinced by now that the continuing hysteria about Russia and Putin has become the number 1 masturbation fantasy of neo-liberal democrats.

Yep, lotta rednecks here in the Tar Heel state; no getting around that. And there are a hell of a lot more rednecks in........ tell us all again how many other red states went for Trump? (Maybe you live in one of them!!!) I'm sure North Carolina doesn't have a monopoly on inbreeding; I bet there's been plenty of it gone on right there in your own backyard. Perhaps you wish to delude yourself further that the Russian Orthodox Church will be any more tolerant of it where you're at?

You obviously don't have the self awareness to see that your pathetic lack of real news and information is the basis of the bottomless arrogance and conceit that rules the herd mentality of neo-liberals. I don't expect you to be embarrassed by your cluelessness; you're really not capable of it.

@L1, I'm glad to hear your like democracy, not exactly a powerful statement of support, but at least in the same category as a fondness for pasta or cigars. From your accumulated posts I couldn't have guessed you like democracy and considered asking you directly what form of government you do prefer? I've found two consistent and I think related themes in your posts,

1) a preference for excusing repressive regimes

2) a hated for all things American which informs your attitude #1. As long as dictators are opponents of the U.S. you're glad to give them a free pass. Its ironic that you accuse me of wearing rose-colored glasses when you adopt a thoroughly Pollyanna attitude toward the worst human rights abusers in the world. Your statement justifying Russian seizure of Crimea is a perfect example. Russia was justified in seizing a neighbors territory because they had "reasons". Ukraine is a small poor weak country which was ruled by an oppressive Russian puppet. When the people got up enough outrage and courage to overthrow him he ran off to Russian which soon thereafter invaded the Crimea.

Yes Trump is the undisputed nightmare of Global warming, He wants out of the Paris accords ASAP because it's all a Chinese plot to weaken America. What a brilliant thinker. He's also the undisputed nightmare for women's equality. He's just said he will appoint a Supreme Court judge who opposes  abortion and that women who have abortions should be punished. Roe v Wade will soon be history. Back to coat hangers in hidden back rooms. He's also the undisputed nightmare for racial equality, for gay rights, for science over religious dogma (denies evolution), for universal health care. Are any of those issues you oppose, LZ1? With the support and pressure of the Republican Party, all the slow progress of the last few decades will be undone with immediate effect. As much as I dislike Hillary, NONE of these backward lurches would have occured under her administration. So no they are NOT THE SAME, there was a difference and the very much worst road was taken.

Lastly to your 4th point. If democracy crumbles in America, even the imperfect democracy your abhor, it could not be rebuilt with all the worlds major power centers and global corporate oligarchs backing fascist surveillance states to preserve their unchangeable dominance.

@Rickn, I don't know where you said you voted for Jill Stein, but not in this thread. I guess someone that's just discovering bitcoin shouldn't be expected to know how threads work. Congratulations, your Jill Stein vote was a complete waste of time and helped elect Trump....good work (that's called sarcasm).

According to Jill Stein, Nato has encircled Russia. Could someone please explain how Russia, the largest country on earth, extending from Poland to the Bering Sea, could be encircled by a few countries on its westernmost border? I would probably agree with Ms. Stein on social issues. But she's got her head up her stone on this one.

From Wikipedai:

In March 2014, the Crimean crisis resulted in Crimea being annexed by Russia. Though official results of a referendum on reunification with Russia were reported as showing a large majority in favor of the proposition, the vote was organized under Russian military occupation and was denounced by the European Union and the United States as illegal.

From Forbes magazine:

According to a major Ukrainian news site, TSN.ua, the website of the President of Russia’s Council on Civil Society and Human Rights (shortened to President’s Human Rights Council) posted a report that was quickly taken down as if it were toxic radioactive waste. According to this purported report about the March referendum to annex Crimea, the turnout of Crimean voters was only 30 percent. And of these, only half voted for the referendum–meaning only 15 percent of Crimean citizens voted for annexation.

Leaders in the white nationalist movement are thrilled that President-elect Donald Trump has named Steve Bannon as his chief strategist and senior counselor. They see Bannon, the Breitbart News executive chairman denounced for anti-Semitism and peddling white nationalist views, as someone who will push Trump toward extremism.

White nationalism is an ideology that advocates a racial definition of national identity.[1] Proponents of the ideology identify with and are attached to the concept of a white nation.[2] It ranges from a preference for one's specific white ethnic group, to feelings of superiority, including calls for national citizenship to be reserved for white people.[3]

White separatism and white supremacy are subgroups of white nationalism. Separatists seek a white-only state, while supremacists add ideas from social Darwinism and Nazism to their ideology.[4]

The comparisons to 1933 Germany are becoming more obvious as the real Donald Trump steps out from behind the curtain.

What Russian invasion and occupation are you referring to? I've heard this bleating on Clinton News Network and other western propaganda outlets. If you repeat something loud enough and long enough some people will eventually accept it as truth. ("A lie is as good as the truth when everyone believes." I have that as part of my signature precisely for people such as you.)

You said somewhere that the previous Ukrainian president was a Russian puppet. I certainly won't dispute that he was sympathetic to Russia. He was corrupt as hell, most certainly. But also know that he was just one a very long line of thoroughly corrupt Ukrainian potiticians. You prattle on about how the Ukrainian population decided they finallly had enough and rose up, and Yanukovich fled to Russia. What you decline to mention (or conveniently leave out) is that the uprising was internal and totally spontaneous. It wasn't. It was a not-so-subtle instigation by State Dept puppets. It is a FACT there were elections already scheduled for September and there was no question Yanukovich would've been thrown out. But the State Dept wasn't about to let a democratic election delay and possible ruin the regime they'd already foreordained. And here's what I don't understand: If Yanukovich was that solidly in the pocket of the Kremlin, why didn't Moscow use their military muscle to make sure he stayed in power? Your so-called 'logic' is full of holes, to put it mildly.

FACT: You and all the other Clinton cry babies can lie to yourself until Putin annexes us, but a vote for Jill Stein was not a waste of time and a vote for Trump. Only a vote for Trump is a vote for Trump. Comprehende vous? I choose to look at it in the reverse-- all those votes for Clinton were a waste of time and a vote for Trump.

When the first Bush moron was in the White House, after the collapse of the Soviet empire, there was an explicit promise that NATO would not expand any further than where it was established at that time. Within a few years that promise was broken and when the Russian government discreetly asked why NATO was progressively creeping closer to the Russian border, they were curtly and rudely told it was none of their business.

I have not yet checked out the links in your post, but I will be fair and do that and give my take in another post.

​​

These rioters are very bad and dangerous people. They are actually demonstrating against democracy with free and open elections. They should move to North Korea where they would be much happier.

nope. they are actually participating in democracy.

No. They are NOT participating in democracy.

Dragging people out of their cars and beating them in the streets, smashing shops, looting and chanting death threats to a democratic elected person - is NOT participating in democracy.