Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.200.226
Casper31

Snowden live tonight about the impact of Mr. D.Tromp

Hello!

Thanks, but I question the value of it, considering no one really knows what Trump will do. I mean, if you can be pro-abortion one day and be against it the next day, I'm sure your views on privacy and such can change pretty quick too lol.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Tonight at 04.30 eastern time,Edward Snowden is going to inform us about Privacy/Security under the new president

​mr.D. Tromp.

https://www.startpage.com/snowden/ ​

​(startpage the search engine when you are privacy aware)

​Gr,Casper

Thanks very much for posting that. Unfortunately I missed it. Has anyone found it recorded anywhere? Not on youtube yet.

Hello!

Thanks, but I question the value of it, considering no one really knows what Trump will do. I mean, if you can be pro-abortion one day and be against it the next day, I'm sure your views on privacy and such can change pretty quick too lol.

We may not know exactly what Trump will do, but we know who he is and it's ugly and dangerous.  Keith Olberman sums up the situation more eloquently than I can here:

The Terrorists Have Won: Donald Trump is the New President

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biYHEmzIJwo"

Thank you Kepler.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

I've been saying for many years, long before Trump, that the U.S. is only one bad election away from fascism. I found it interesting to hear Snowden say essentially the same thing (but in a more nuanced and diplomatic way). I fear that my prognostication is about to come true.

I just wanted to add that today's Snowden live stream, apart from any comment on Trump's election (he had to phrase his thoughts very adroitly, which by itself made the stream fascinating if you're the type who likes to read between the lines), was extremely interesting for those concerned about mass surveillance and the global surveillance state we find ourselves trying to navigate.

I also found this Snowden interview about the recent Oliver Stone movie ("Snowden"), very interesting.

"https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6NmQrkf9Fk"

BTW, "Snowden" is a very interesting and "fun" film. Oliver Stone has managed to make a technically complex story very  accessible on a human level.

There are a lot of Snowden live streams or interviews on Youtube. He's a brilliant guy, incredibly articulate, and well worth listening to.

Snowden is both intelligent and courageous. He risked, and still risks, everything - for people that don't deserve it. An icon of liberty that I hope to see as president some day.

Maybe he wouldn't be so desperately needed if the DNC and the media hadn't cheated Bernie haha.

@LZ1, I totally agree, though of course Snowden's incredibly brave and principled stand predates Bernie's thwarted, brave, principled attempt to help the U.S.  Never thought about Snowden running for Pres., but I'd definitely vote for him. Unfortunately if he ever returns to the U.S. it'll be in an orange jumpsuit or a coffin.

@LZ1: Bernie might have pardoned Snowden, but make no mistake about it - the ridiculously corrupt DNC would rather have run Hillary even if they thought her chances of winning were only 0.1 percent, instead of Bernie. The establishment of both parties just want status quo to prevail, they can live with the identical candidate from the other team winning - what they desperately tried to stop was anyone disrupting their gig. But just like with the hostile takeover of RNC, DNC is next. It happens so fast when it finally happens that it hasn't really sunk in yet, but people have finally gotten tired. Exciting times

@Kepler_452b: While he has a difficult time now, he also has massive support - and all who love liberty have a special place for Snowden in their hearts. Status quo is cracking and will not endure, his day may yet arrive. Let us all hope he can stay free and alive until then

@Fromthewalls, I agree 90% with what you've said. But it's a mistake to suggest that Hillary and Trump are equivalent. As angry as I am with the Dem party for deliberately underhandedly viciously sabotaging Bernie's campaign (for which they have now so deservedly paid the price, though that is cold comfort since the country and the world will also suffer from their stupid arrogance), they still offered the only hope of social progress in the U.S. For all her faults, Hillary was in favor of universal health care and, most importantly, would have appointed liberal judges to the Supreme Court who, among other things, could have reversed Citizens United to begin the process of stopping corporations and billionaires from buying outright the U.S. political system. With her loss, you can be sure the de-democratization will now accelerate, probably irretrievably.

I heard CGPGrey suggest that the Electoral College could in fact deny Trump becoming president, if they all worked together. Has never happened and I'm not sure how it would. But imagine if Trump was suddenly thrown off of the throne lol.

@Fromthewalls, I agree 90% with what you've said. But it's a mistake to suggest that Hillary and Trump are equivalent. As angry as I am with the Dem party for deliberately underhandedly viciously sabotaging Bernie's campaign (for which they have now so deservedly paid the price, though that is cold comfort since the country and the world will also suffer from their stupid arrogance), they still offered the only hope of social progress in the U.S. For all her faults, Hillary was in favor of universal health care and, most importantly, would have appointed liberal judges to the Supreme Court who, among other things, could have reversed Citizens United to begin the process of stopping corporations and billionaires from buying outright the U.S. political system. With her loss, you can be sure the de-democratization will now accelerate, probably irretrievably.

I did not mean Hillary and Trump were identical candidates, I mean that both parties went out of their way to push identical establishment candidates but Trump succeeded with a hostile takeover while Bernie's attempt failed. Which is why Trump is the first candidate I have supported since I have no interest in or loyalty to either of the two corrupt parties, the establishment or the propaganda that MSM churns out 24/7. I would in fact have supported Bernie over Trump (for Fourth Amendment reasons plus the possibility of a Snowden pardon) but my main concern is the unraveling of the establishment of the two parties. Liberals and conservatives mean nothing to me, one side slightly better in some areas and vice versa - I have no preference. The predictable fear mongering over Trump from the "left" just mirrors the predictable fear mongering from the "right" on Sanders. Left/right is just a divide & rule ploy where two ideologies that are so different that you can't even tell which party has the president if you didn't already know, incites fear in people by repeating the same old tired talking points over and over knowing it will invigorate both sides while they can continue the corruption. I am equally skilled at pissing off both "sides" without even trying, but since I love everyone with the strength of 70 exploding suns I usually just nod and smile

With how many exploding suns do you love Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, Jeffrey Dahmer?  There are differences, to believe otherwise is willfully naive.