Not connected, Your IP: 54.224.43.79
Tommy25

why/How is Air VPN Leaking My Real Location?

Hey,

I am currently in the UK and using Air VPN through a Prague server. However, when I do an ipleak test on www.doileak.com  the site shows me as having a Parague IP address but then seems to know I am in the UK. it doesn't reveal my actual IP address but as you can see it suggests I am in the UK. IP leak report below...Please can anybody explain what I am doing wrong? How can site know that I am in the UK? How can I stop my IP address from leaking like this?

Request IP:

89.238.166.235, M247 Ltd Dedicated Servers (9009), United Kingdom (EU)
If you are using a proxy it seems to be an anonymous HTTP or a socks proxy.

Before running further tests, we get your request IP - what you show to the internet at large.
This test shows if you’re using a visible proxy, for example if you are connected through a company or university’s internet service. An anonymous proxy will not be detected by this test, but the other tests on this page could help to detect if you are using one.
This also tests if you’re arriving from a TOR exit node. This won’t reveal your identity, but websites can block traffic from TOR users as they assume you have something to hide.

Operating System:
Windows
Same results for all tests.

Browser:
Firefox

Connection type:
We could not detect your connection type.

Timezone Difference:
The time zone of your browser settings and the time zone of your request IP location match.

DNS Request Source:
We did get DNS requests from the following IPs:
89.238.166.235: M247 Ltd Dedicated Servers (9009), United Kingdom (EU)
Your DNS configuration seems to be ok. All your DNS request(s) came from the same network as your HTTP request (or from anonymous DNS servers).

IPv6 Request Source:
We were not able to detect an IPv6 request.

SSL traffic:

WebRTC IP Leak:
We could not detect an IP via WebRTC.

Flash support:
Your browser has Flash disabled.

WebGL support:
WebGL detected, but it is disabled.

SSL Setup Security:
Probably Ok

Third party cookies:
Not supported

HTTP Request Leaks:

We could not find any HTTP request type leaks.

Hello!

In my view, if you're lax enough to openly tell the entire internet that you're in the UK and have an e-mail address as your username, then you're likely doing other things wrong as well and therefore it's perhaps not such a surprise if websites somehow find out you're in the UK. I suggest you check my guide, download the Eddie client if you're not using it and enable Network Lock, as well as check ipleak.net afterwards. In addition, more information would be welcome as well, such as Eddie logs and/or more information about your system .

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hey,

I am in the UK and using Air VPN through a Prague server. However, when I do an ipleak test on www.doileak.com  the site shows me as having a Parague IP address but then seems to know I am in the UK. it doesn't reveal my actual IP address but as you can see it suggests I am in the UK. IP leak report below...Please can anybody explain what I am doing wrong? How can site know that I am in the UK? How can I stop my IP address from leaking like this?

Request IP:
89.238.166.235, M247 Ltd Dedicated Servers (9009), United Kingdom (EU)
If you are using a proxy it seems to be an anonymous HTTP or a socks proxy.

Before running further tests, we get your request IP - what you show to the internet at large.

This test shows if you’re using a visible proxy, for example if you are connected through a company or university’s internet service. An anonymous proxy will not be detected by this test, but the other tests on this page could help to detect if you are using one.

This also tests if you’re arriving from a TOR exit node. This won’t reveal your identity, but websites can block traffic from TOR users as they assume you have something to hide.

Operating System:
Windows

Browser:
Firefox

Connection type:
We could not detect your connection type.

Timezone Difference:
The time zone of your browser settings and the time zone of your request IP location match.

DNS Request Source:
We did get DNS requests from the following IPs:

89.238.166.235: M247 Ltd Dedicated Servers (9009), United Kingdom (EU)

Your DNS configuration seems to be ok. All your DNS request(s) came from the same network as your HTTP request (or from anonymous DNS servers).

IPv6 Request Source:
We were not able to detect an IPv6 request.

SSL traffic:

WebRTC IP Leak:
We could not detect an IP via WebRTC.

Flash support:
Your browser has Flash disabled.

WebGL support:
WebGL detected, but it is disabled.

SSL Setup Security:
Probably Ok

Third party cookies:
Not supported

HTTP Request Leaks:
We could not find any HTTP request type leaks.

The provider for Zuben, M247 is a British company and is by extension identified as a British ISP during ipleak and dns leak tests. The server is still in Prague, M247 just owns the server.