Not connected, Your IP: 44.200.249.42
spartaniz

Selective Routing : tunnel everything through vpn except for Netflix

Hi 

Is there any way I can add any custom directives to the ovpn.cfg file to route netflix related ip ranges through my ip address and not through the vpn tunnel?

I currently have a dsl ac68u modem router combo, hence requesting help with the cfg file as merlin is not supported.

Reason being for the selective routing is to bypass the proxy error popup.

I hope someone can assist me!

thanks!

Hi. I'm a little confused. So you don't have an openvpn client on your router? How are you connecting to the openvpn server? Where does this ovpn.cfg file go? I'm not sure I'll have any answers for you I'm just curious about your setup.

Hi. I'm a little confused. So you don't have an openvpn client on your router? How are you connecting to the openvpn server? Where does this ovpn.cfg file go? I'm not sure I'll have any answers for you I'm just curious about your setup.

yes, many routers have openvpn clients, even servers.  usually you just upload the ovpn config file to the router and it configures itself.

yes, many routers have openvpn clients, even servers.  usually you just upload the ovpn config file to the router and it configures itself.

I was aware that some routers had an openvpn client baked into the firmware however I was not aware that Asus has done it. Back when I had an Asus router using Merlin's firmware was about the only way to get openvpn going on it. Good to know.

So since it looks like you can load ovpn files into the Asus openvpn client setup then setting up a split tunnel should be possible ... I think. That's all I got.

You either root all traffic through the VPN or none.

Is there any way to configure AirVPN to route only certain URLs via the client?

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

I was aware that some routers had an openvpn client baked into the firmware however I was not aware that Asus has done it. Back when I had an Asus router using Merlin's firmware was about the only way to get openvpn going on it. Good to know.

So since it looks like you can load ovpn files into the Asus openvpn client setup then setting up a split tunnel should be possible ... I think. That's all I got.

a split tunnel with stock Asus firmware isn't possible.  But, merlin firmware has a nice policy routing GUI for each openvpn client.