Not connected, Your IP: 3.142.200.226
jonesytv

Network Lock Disabled

Hi.

I'm a new user and I've tried to read up on everything.  But this is a lot of stuff.

Anyway, the Network Lock Disabled icon is open and unlocked.

How do I get it locked?

I'm using Windows 10. 

I have ipv6 disabled

Check if the tunnel uses AirVPN DNS

Network lock mode is Windows Firewall

My protocol is UDP, port 443.

Am I close to getting this locked?

Thank you for your time and patience.

Mark

Hello!

Welcome to AirVPN .

You normally have to cancel a connection first and then a button to activate network lock will appear. Otherwise just like when you first open the program and can click "connect to recommended server", there's a button which allows you to activate network lock first.

Feel free to check out my new user guide too, if you wish.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

You are correct!  I am new and duh, right on the login screen, there is the lock.

So, I am now locked.  Thank you.

Now, if I can get my android phone to work with airvpn, I'll keep the service!

Have a good day.

That's great . Sadly, Air hasn't developed an Eddie client for Android or mobile devices yet. So for it to work, you need to download another program of your choosing, such as OpenVPN for Android and then go to the configuration generator in the client area here, tick a few boxes and download a file unto your mobile device.

Then use the aforementioned program to open the file and you should be good to go . If the connection keeps dropping or getting errors, you can try downloading the TCP version.

Anyway, we'll be here if you need further help. Good luck

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thank you all for replying.

I have the lock on my desktop and I'm locked on my android phone.

All nice and happy.

The 'OpenVPN Connect' application has a seamless mode (network lock) feature which appears to work pretty well. I don't know if others have anything similar.

Schwabe's OpenVPN for Android has it as well, just written in descriptive words - persistent tun device. Since this is what makes the tunnel seamless.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

So, what's better?

Schwabe or Open VPN client for Android?

And what's the biggest difference between the 2?

You can find out by reading the Air FAQ/How to forums.

I went with what Air recommended, as their values align with my own.

This is a pure matter of choice as both apps are equally good to work with AirVPN settings.

Note that if you want a FOSS client which is available on F-Droid, you have to go with "OpenVPN for Android".

Also, sometimes the author introduces features and workarounds that do not land upstream, but that may

lead to potential bugs and issues, so should be considered more experimental.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I went with what Air recommended, as their values align with my own.

Sorry, but what exactly did they recommend? And where?

Mr. jonesytv, I'd go with OpenVPN for Android out of two reasons: It's 100% open source and it's very feature-rich. The workarounds mentioned by zhang are the result of many years of error reports. Their explanation is fully included into the app's FAQ section. They're there for your own good. There's absolutely nothing experimental in Arne Schwabe's way of programming.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.