Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.250.17
gap30

Feeling a little overwhelmed

Hi after some help if possible

I am based in the UK and I have an account for the NBC sports app

So i have to be based in the US to view EPL games on a Saturday at 3pm

I have an AC router using Padavan n56u - now reading through some helpful guides in the forums this is useless for this type of service

I mistakenly assumed i could enter my vpn settings in the router.....

I have done my  homework hence why i am here (and not using cyberghost lol)

Basically what i need is something pretty simple, i will install the NBC app on one desktop and two android devices (Sony android tv, beelink mini mxIII)

Can this advanced service be used in a simple way?

Hi after some help if possible

I am based in the UK and I have an account for the NBC sports app

So i have to be based in the US to view EPL games on a Saturday at 3pm

I have an AC router using Padavan n56u - now reading through some helpful guides in the forums this is useless for this type of service

I mistakenly assumed i could enter my vpn settings in the router.....

I have done my  homework hence why i am here (and not using cyberghost lol)

Basically what i need is something pretty simple, i will install the NBC app on one desktop and two android devices (Sony android tv, beelink mini mxIII)

Can this advanced service be used in a simple way?

never heard of Padavan and the n56u isn't an AC router so I'm confused about that.

I'd suggest you use Merlin Asus firmware which has a nice GUI for the openvpn client.  Just load the ovpn config through the GUI and save it.  It configures itself.

You should find the OpenVPN client settings in your router. That is a supported feature according to their wiki.

Or, you should flash a supported firmware in order to set it up according to the ready made tutorials - currently

the supported ones are Merlin, AsusWRT, DD-WRT, OpenWRT and Tomato.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I know i am a noob and not worth your time but this is where i am currently at, not sure what goes where

I need a little help if possible

meh.png

I know i am a noob and not worth your time but this is where i am currently at, not sure what goes where

meh.png

Hello!

I'm sorry I can't help you much, but I have to say that I at least don't think as poorly of you as you said. What a shame you hold us to such low standards. If you're kind, constructive and willing to work through issues, then you're worth it IMO. If you want to see an example of what most might not find worth it, then check this thread:

https://airvpn.org/topic/19136-connected-to-server-got-hacked/?p=47441

So, we can help you better if you only provide us with information we can use to solve the issue at hand . Including whatever things you've tried already or are thinking of trying.

Cheers.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

meh.png

Your reply was stuck in the moderator queue which all new users must be in.  So, I'm just now seeing your posts above.

That is not router I thought you had.  It sounded as though you were using an Asus router.

Anyway, you want to configure the VPN client.

Take a look at that setup and come back to us for more help if needed.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be more appropriate for gap30 to install the AirVPN client on the devices that they wish to use the VPN service on?

Generally a router configuration is more complicated.

I don't know if I'm missing something, but wouldn't it be more appropriate for gap30 to install the AirVPN client on the devices that they wish to use the VPN service on?

Generally a router configuration is more complicated.

many devices don't have openvpn client capability much less the ability to run Eddie.

For the desktop couldnt you just install Eddie client rather than sort the router

As for the android boxes have a look if your able to download OpenVPN client from the play store if it allows it surely that's the easiest way rather than sorting your router out

I have one of those android boxes in the office I think if I get chance I'll have a look at installing open vpn