Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.44.108
Kepler_452b

With Windows 10, Microsoft Blatantly Disregards User Choice and Privacy

With Windows 10, Microsoft Blatantly Disregards User Choice and Privacy:  https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/08/windows-10-microsoft-blatantly-disregards-user-choice-and-privacy-deep-dive

Here's an update from EFF on security and privacy problems Microsoft has deliberately created in Windows 10. Microsoft once again earns the Middle Finger Award for deliberately fucking over its user base. Just when you think its safe to go in the water, the old sharks come back to attack.

Microsoft has also announced that only Windows 10 will be allowed to run on Intel's latest generation processor, Kaby Lake, and forward. WTF! 

Intel implies that Kaby Lake will be needed to run the new Optane SSD (3D XPoint), which would have meant that you would have been forced to use use Windows 10 to use the new storage technology. But this was probably hype on Intel's part and not actually true.

Do you see a pattern here of the the biggest software and hardware manufacturers cooperating to reduce your control of the products you buy and pay for; and to further reduce your privacy?

Hello!

It's an open secret that big companies are in collusion with each other. It's one of the primary causes of the many kinds of misery we have on this planet. So long as there's more to gain by offering less, few or no choices to people, regardless of the industry, I doubt much will change.

As with most issues of this caliber however, it comes down to how long we're all collectively willing to accept it.

Sent to you from me with datalove

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

As a gamer I will be part of the problem soon since my upcoming next system will be Windows 10, even if I skipped the free upgrade on my current one. At least they can't have my soul, I got a great deal on that some time ago already 

With Windows 10, Microsoft Blatantly Disregards User Choice and Privacy:  https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2016/08/windows-10-microsoft-blatantly-disregards-user-choice-and-privacy-deep-dive

Here's an update from EFF on security and privacy problems Microsoft has deliberately created in Windows 10. Microsoft once again earns the Middle Finger Award for deliberately fucking over its user base. Just when you think its safe to go in the water, the old sharks come back to attack.

Microsoft has also announced that only Windows 10 will be allowed to run on Intel's latest generation processor, Kaby Lake, and forward. WTF! 

Intel implies that Kaby Lake will be needed to run the new Optane SSD (3D XPoint), which would have meant that you would have been forced to use use Windows 10 to use the new storage technology. But this was probably hype on Intel's part and not actually true.

Do you see a pattern here of the the biggest software and hardware manufacturers cooperating to reduce your control of the products you buy and pay for; and to further reduce your privacy?

I say Fu** em all. There always is, was and always will have people who will find the way around this limitations 

​All you have to do is search for them or better become one of them

​There is nothing imposable when comes to once and zeros.

elementary-my-dear-watson.png