Not connected, Your IP: 44.193.11.123
Sign in to follow this  
rognorak

Block Traffic on Disconnect w/ Norton Firewall

Hi,

I checked out this thread -

airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&a...=1713&Itemid=142

and tried to emulate the firewall rules shown with norton 360 firewall on uTorrent, however, I ended up blocking everything, and the torrents wouldn't run even when the VPN is connected..

Has anyone gotten something like this to work with norton?

Also I see on the above thread you only blocked sending packets when the VPN disconnects. It may be somewhat redundant, by why not block both sending AND receiving in the 10.4.0.0 to 10.9.255.255 range?

Thanks

Hi,

I checked out this thread -

airvpn.org/index.php?option=com_kunena&a...=1713&Itemid=142

and tried to emulate the firewall rules shown with norton 360 firewall on uTorrent, however, I ended up blocking everything, and the torrents wouldn't run even when the VPN is connected..

Has anyone gotten something like this to work with norton?

Also I see on the above thread you only blocked sending packets when the VPN disconnects. It may be somewhat redundant, by why not block both sending AND receiving in the 10.4.0.0 to 10.9.255.255 range?

Thanks

Hello!

Please note that you should block outgoing packets NOT in the range 10.4.0.0->10.9.255.255. If you blocked outgoing packets in that range, it was normal that uTorrent could not work with VPN connection.

If you wish to block incoming packets not coming from our VPN server, just block anything to your Ethernet or WiFi interface not coming from Air server entry-IP address (also note that entry-IP and exit-IP are different; you can find the entry-IP with our configuration generator or with the Air client).

Finally, we strongly recommend NOT to use any Symantec/Norton product on Windows systems:

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge-64/results.php

not even on 32-bit Windows system:

http://www.matousec.com/projects/proactive-security-challenge/results.php#products-ratings

Kind regards