Not connected, Your IP: 3.149.255.162

Hello,

Windows 10 desktop apps like Telegram for W10 desktop - will that traffic go through AirVPN if I have it running?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Hello !

If you have Network Lock enabled, then it should.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello,

Windows 10 desktop apps like Telegram for W10 desktop - will that traffic go through AirVPN if I have it running?

Thanks,

Mr. V

Hello !

Even if you don't, it will be routed through the tunnel thanks to the routes in Windows' routing table.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

Hey LZ1,

Thanks!  I thought that locked me to a server (reading 101 - we redo).  Will this affecting gaming?  I assumed that using the tap9 adapter already forced my traffic through the vpn...

Mr. V

Hello !

I don't know if you read my guide on the matter, but it's in my signature .

It doesn't lock you to a server, but it does mean that if your connection drops that you'll get disconnected; including during server changes. There's many version sof the TAP driver and not

all of them work equally well - there's been problems with one of the later ones. Running a VPN naturally does affect gaming, but the affect doesn't need to be a big one. My ping/latency didn't

significally increase when playing networked games. Network Lock is super useful if you're trying to max out your security as much as possible.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks folks - always fast responses!  Great for paranoid people like me!

Hello,

Thanks,

Mr. V

Hello !

Even if you don't, it will be routed through the tunnel thanks to the routes in Windows' routing table.

Flatter will get you everything.

/lol

Thanks!  I thought that locked me to a server (reading 101 - we redo).

Network Lock activation kind of locks you to all servers AirVPN offers. People regularly say they can't use the internet except for when connected to a AirVPN server (which is kiiiind of a feature of the AirVPN client ).

Will this affecting gaming?

It will almost always increase your packet latency. Banal things like server choice can really make a difference between 200 ms additional lag or no change in performance at all.

I assumed that using the tap9 adapter already forced my traffic through the vpn...

It takes a bit more than a virtual tunnel adapter...

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.