Not connected, Your IP: 3.147.238.70
arathra

Set PC hotspot to use AirVPN

Not sure if this is possible, but this is my situation.

I have my PC connected to the internet; on my PC I have AirVPN which works fine.

I also have OSToto Hotspot running which turns my PC into a hotspot - from this my tablet & phone connect to the internet.

However, even when running AirVPN on my PC my tablet & phone show their IP to be that of my internet provider here (i.e. OSToto doesn't run through AirVPN).

I know I can install AirVPN on my tablet & phone, but is there any way of configuring my PC so the hotspot runs through AirVPN and is encrypted, etc.

Thanks!

windows has a built in wifi hotspot that you can configure to use the VPN adapter.  thus, devices connected to that hotspot go through the VPN tunnel as well.

not sure if you can do the same thing with OStoto.  never even heard of it.

http://www.wi-fiplanet.com/tutorials/article.php/3849841/How-to-Create-Wireless-Hosted-Networks-in-Windows-7.htm

You share the VPN TAP adapter and choose the hosted network connection as the adapter it's sharing with.

Hello !

Are you using network lock?

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Hello !

Are you using network lock?

No, there's no network lock. 

I'm checking out an alternative to OStoto (I'm on Win 10 btw).

Thnx

I use to do this to avoid my phone draining my battery (On Android) with the OpenVPN app but it caused so many random disconnections I just started using 4G and only used WiFi when updating apps, etc. Turns out 7GB of Data a month lasts quite a while

Try clicking "restart wifi" in the OS Toto application AFTER you have connected to an airvpn server. This solved it for me.

Never too late to say thanks for the OSToto reference.  I tried at least 5 different programs, closed source, open source, freeware and commercial trials, to create a hotspot that would work between my Win 7 and rooted Kit-Kat Android phone without losing the VPN functions. That's not to mention the manual procedure(s) which I tried so many times that I've permanently burned the netsh commands into my brain. But I ALWAYS ran into some problem. Couldn't use network lock, trashed my connection, wouldn't work w/dynamic address, etc.  OSToto was the only program that actually worked instantly and every time. Plus, I didn't have to shut down AirVPN first, or disable the network lock.  Unbelievable. And from a dinky little company that specializes in Mac stuff and is so cheesy they lifted pics from the net for their fake testimonials. But hey, it works, so....  I'll just have to keep an eye on Glasswire for a while to make sure they're not doing something sneaky. Otherwise, it put an end to at least 25 hours and 4 days of torment trying to figure this out and it doesn't bombard me with stupid ads and pop ups like some of the other commercial products.