Not connected, Your IP: 44.211.243.190
Keksjdjdke

No Global Warrants. VPN's will be effected! Update

Zhang888, thanks for posting that link. VERY interesting. Sometimes I get pessimistic about this whole game so it's good to hear some good news. So, if privacy-loving individuals are using the TOR browser with selfrando, would they still be using a VPN? Is it possible to use both together? Are there any advantage to using both together?

One of the methods of control, whether in IT or not, is making people apathetic. Making them feel like whatever they do won't help. Try not to fall for this. It's okay to get pessimistic; just don't let it become

so bad that you give up or become lax in your security practices. There's plenty to be pessimistic about of course. Governments and other institutions related to them, shouldn't be doing these things.

But they are. But regardless of how much they hack, exploit, steal and lie, it won't mean that they're also right. The link Zhang gave you is good. You can also check my guide, scroll to the bottom

and find other means of protecting your privacy. I also recommend checking out

on youtube, if you need even more good reasons to stand up for privacy and related things. Because your security online and offline isn't just about the NSA and other agencies; it's about how
is thought about and managed, which then has direct implications for things like privacy.

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

**Not sure if my previous post went through so I will repeat.

LZ1,

Thanks for providing the link. I was unaware of C. Doctorow and found his presentation VERY interesting! I also checked out your GUIDE and found it quite useful. I do have one question though...I've recently started using Network Lock and assumed that it closed down my internet connection (in order to prevent malware from communicating with outside computers). However, I am only able to access the LOCK function when I disconnect from AIR (I'm using Ubuntu 16.04). After I disconnect, the the option to LOCK becomes available. Your description of NL seems to differ from my experience. Could you please clarify?    

You're welcome, I'm glad you did! He's a very talented speaker.

Try go Preferences>>General and look for a checkbox saying connect to NL at startup.  After that, it should stay on. Since my client is set to automatically start & connect and I already enabled NL, I don't notice it. It's always on. It's meant as a strong protection against your IP leaking; which can happen in many different ways. But preventing malware communications wasn't the primary driver of NL I think, although it could be a strong secondary one; although if you're infected, it could be game over anyway. But since it changes firewall rules, it naturally does have implications for network-centric malware. You'd best ask a real expert like zhang about this though, if you want to know more .

https://airvpn.org/faq/software_lock/

Should be careful not to hijack the topic

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.

Thanks LZ1. That worked.

"...It's meant as a strong protection against your IP leaking; which can happen in many different ways. But preventing malware communications wasn't the primary driver of Network Lock I think, although it could be a strong secondary one; although if you're infected, it could be game over anyway. But since it changes firewall rules, it naturally does have implications for network-centric malware. You'd best ask a real expert like zhang about this though, if you want to know more."

Zhang, do you want to elaborate on this aspect of Network Lock?