Not connected, Your IP: 52.54.111.228

Hello everybody,

i suscribed few days ago to airvpn and i'm looking for a solution to make an "ip binding" system to prevent connection to internet when the VPN is offline.

The point is that i read a lot of informations about the network locker and windows firewall, but i only have Gdata firewall (i don't know if it's good to launch two firewalls at the same time...)

I don't really have a brillant computering knowledge si i'm kind of lost with all theses procedures.

can you help me with this ?

I specially want ipbinding when i'm using utorrent, to avoid data sharing when my public IP can me seen by everybody..

thank you a lot

Shortest solution for you would be either using the Windows Firewall with network lock enabled,

or to switch to a good torrent client like qbittorrent:

http://www.qbittorrent.org/download.php

Which will allow you to use specific network adapter. You then have to select the TAP adapter in the settings.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you for you quick answer,

do you mean that i should stop using gdata firewall and utorrent ?

Hello !

So i understood what you said about qbittorrent, i enable the tap adaptater network on the qbittorrent interface and it's working well.

When i shutdown the VPN, all the torrents stop sharing (there is a latency time between switch off the VPN and torrents stop sharing completly, is it ok ?)

A last question, shoul i do something with my firewall ? Set specific rules about the VPN process ?

Thanks you a lot

Hello !

If you turn on Network Lock, that's a good first step

Moderators do not speak on behalf of AirVPN. Only the Official Staff account does. Please also do not run Tor Exit Servers behind AirVPN, thank you.
Did you make a guide or how-to for something? Then contact me to get it listed in my new user guide's Guides Section, so that the community can find it more easily.