Not connected, Your IP: 18.226.251.22
nutsack16

Eddie2.10.3/Stunnel5.17/Plink0.63 windows updates?

Am simple user for Eddie2.10.3 client, eddie has no update for long time with update openvpn from windows download page? Stunnel now have 5.32 but in eddie is 5.17 and plink now have 0.67 but in eddie it 0.63? Can airvpn make simple update for all thing in client download version please. Is something more about privacy to update?Thanks

Stunnel is used only for SSL tunnel mode, so it's version is not signifficant. You Stunnel binary meant

only to connect to trusted Air servers, and the security is maintained by OpenVPN with AES256 and HMAC.

So the versions of it are not signifficant, same as plink which bumps it version with each PuTTY release.

When Eddie 2.11 will be released it will have updated supplemental binaries, as well as OpenVPN 2.3.11.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you zhang, I read about ssl is not safe now tls is better,does it mean the same for stunnel or it is different application of ssl?Ssh putty version i dont know, does it mean plink is putty and eddie automatically bump plink to 0.67?Its hard to know for simple user,Thanks

The reason for using SSL tunnel is just to masquerade the OpenVPN traffic from DPI systems that allow SSL/TLS

connections but might reject OpenVPN or anything else, for example Wi-Fi hotspots or corporate networks are known

to use such techniques. If you are using a regular residential ISP you are better off with a simple OpenVPN on UDP.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Thank you zhang, I read about ssl is not safe now tls is better,does it mean the same for stunnel or it is different application of ssl?Ssh putty version i dont know, does it mean plink is putty and eddie automatically bump plink to 0.67?Its hard to know for simple user,Thanks

SSL is a generic term.  If you do use stunnel it will likely use a TLS1.2 cipher.

Thank you both,When is eddie 2.11 release update zhang?Thank you

This is more a question to @Clodo, the Eddie developer.

I don't think there is a rock solid ETA for it for now, better

would be to wait a little until all the issues and bugs are solved.

As you can see there are weekly commits so the development

is active, there are also many new improvements added to it, based

on diffs from the source code tree:

https://github.com/Clodo76/airvpn-client

You are welcome to try and compile it on your own and report issues.

There are build .sln's for all platforms.

For more details you can refer to this thread:

https://airvpn.org/topic/12760-how-can-i-compile-the-source-code/

Thank zhang, so sorry do not know about source code but use eddie! it has update in link is it safe new eddie version? thank