Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.133.228
Khariz

Terms of Service Question

So, I've been wondering about this for a while now, and someone brought it to my attention again today.  First let me quote the terms of service:

9) REIMBURSEMENTS. AirVPN strongly encourages to test the free Service before you pay any subscription to commercial plans. The free service differs from the commercial service only with respect to bandwidth limitations. In case you are not satisfied with the commercial Service, once you have subscribed you have the right to obtain a full reimbursement, given that your request is sent within 3 commercial days from the subscription payment. AirVPN accepts only written refund requests sent to the addresses given in the Privacy Notice. You have the right to request a reimbursement without giving explanations. The right to be refunded is invalid if You have violated the Terms of Service and/or if you send the request after having used the Service for more than 3 days and/or if you have used the Service for a global traffic volume exceeding 5 GigaBytes. Air warrants a reimbursement within 30 days from receipt of reimbursement request.

The sentence in bold is what my question is about.  How do you know how much data a user has used if you aren't logging that information on a per-user basis?  Unless the user was connected to the service in an active session at the time the user requested the refund, how would you know how much aggregate data the user has used (othan than in that particular active session) unless you log that information?

I think this is a serious question worthy of a serious answer.

Edit:  And please don't respond with this thread:  https://airvpn.org/topic/12705-how-does-airvpn-keep-track-of-our-statistics-without-logging/  That thread does not answer my specific question.