Not connected, Your IP: 3.14.253.152
Sign in to follow this  
homeuser3

Trouble with ICMP and open port

Hello,

I am running windows 7 64bit with avg security program with firewall, which runs on top of windows firewall.  Ive run tests from dnsleaktests.com - all clear and ipleak.net - all clear.  When I run Shieldsup however, I run into two issues.

1. ICMP.  I have created a new rule in avg firewall as well as windows firewall and yet I still reply to ping requests.  I have also gone into my router and disabled incoming ping requests.  Please help.

2. When I run the open ports test, ports 88 and 89 are open.  I have read that port 88 has to due with Airvpn's service but I cannot find any topics relating to port 89. 

GRC Port Authority Report created on UTC: 2016-01-15 at 03:55:44Results from scan of ports: 0-1055    2 Ports Open    0 Ports Closed 1054 Ports Stealth--------------------- 1056 Ports TestedNO PORTS were found to be CLOSED.Ports found to be OPEN were: 88, 89Other than what is listed above, all ports are STEALTH.TruStealth: FAILED - NOT all tested ports were STEALTH,                   - NO unsolicited packets were received,                   - A PING REPLY (ICMP Echo) WAS RECEIVED.

I have downloaded and run firewall leaktest and it was able to penetrate my firewall.  Please advise me on what I should to do in order to secure all my connections properly.  Thank you in advance.

Thank you for your response.  I apologize for another question but should I not be worried then about port 89? 

• 89/tcp SU/MIT Telnet Gateway