Not connected, Your IP: 18.119.118.99
Sign in to follow this  
vpn_access

Network Lock

Hi. Is there any way of configuring the network lock to work regardless of whether the client is running? I ask as, from what I have observed, Network Lock only appears to stop traffic if the client is running. I exited the AirVPN application and access to the internet was possible. Perhaps I've not got it set up correctly? I recently moved over from PIA and their client, whilst very simple in comparison, did have a kill switch which stopped all internet activity regardless of whether the client was running at the time. Apologies if there is a simple fix for this which I've missed.

I'm running Windows 10.

The point of a kill switch / lock is to stop unwanted network traffic while the client is running and you're connected to the vpn.

Stopping network traffic globally "client running or not" would cause 2/3's of the user base to go batshit and spam the forums with I can't connect while bla bla messages.

If you're using the windows firewall just write block rules. Block everything in/out/forward ect. Then when the client starts it will implement its own windows firewall rules, after disconnecting and closing the client your block everything rules will be back in place.

I'm a bit confused.

What I need Network Lock, or really any other method, to do, is to prevent my system reverting to it's home IP and   my location in the event of the VPN crashing or quitting without my knowledge.

Not having this would sort of kill the idea of a VPN since I can't babysit my computer 24/7.

So in the event that AirVPN quits, I need some protection that my connection can't be immediately traced back to me while it could be downloading a torrent or doing something else my IP frowns upon.

Is there a solution? 

No software is bulletproof and the VPN just might quit, leaving me hanging out to dry.

I'm a bit confused.

What I need Network Lock, or really any other method, to do, is to prevent my system reverting to it's home IP and   my location in the event of the VPN crashing or quitting without my knowledge.

That's exactly what Network Lock feature in Eddie does. Thread locked.

Kind regards