Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.170.183
Sign in to follow this  
CriticalRabbit

AirVPN and Netflix. Leaking IP somehow?

Hi,

So this problem with Netflix is baffling me somewhat. If I connect to Netflix on my IPhone via OpenVPN (AirVPN) with a Canadian server I can access the Canadian catalogue. However, if I connect via my Windows PC, I can’t. I cannot work this out. I’ve got zero leaks (no DNS leaks and network lock is enabled), according to Ipleak.net, and yet, Netflix still shows me different results to the results I get on my IPhone.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

I appreciate the legality of this but it is more a curiosity than anything else; I actually noticed this by accident when I forgot to disable my VPN before loading Netflix. I mainly watch Netflix without my VPN enabled

Best,

Rabbit 

May I know what is the error message you received on Windows PC? OS and browser version you use ?

Hi,

I use CCleaner (and Bleachbit on Debian) to clear all cookies and cache after each session. I must add that I also browse in private mode exclusively. I’ve also tried this on two separate computers with, in total, 4 different browsers; IE, Chromium, Iceweasel and Firefox.  

I can’t work out why I’m getting the correct catalogue (i.e., Canada) on my IPhone and a different one on both Debian and Windows 7.

Best,

Rabbit

It may not be connecting correctly, you are using the Client Eddie correct?

Can you possible copy paste your log from the Client onto here so I can give a more informed response

your probably caching DNS, I seem to recall that netflix's servers resolves to different IPs depending on where in the world you are.

Hello!

Canadian servers access Netflix USA because Netflix Canada blocks them. Therefore we have decided that Netflix USA from CA servers was better than no Netflix at all.

It remains to be seen how your iPhone can access Canada Netflix. A possible explanation, although unlikely, is that Netflix Canada lifted the block against our servers AND your iPhone is NOT using the VPN DNS. Very unlikely but worth a check, we'll do.

Kind regards