Not connected, Your IP: 18.221.13.173
SaveSnowden

AirVPN unacceptably slow across many servers

For the past 6 months AirVPN has been like rolling dice. 3/5 connections it works perfectly, and the other 2/5 times the servers are incredibly slow. Pinging 10.50.0.1 (the default gateway of whichever server I connect to) gives me an average 12000ms reply time. Sometimes trying to reach www.google.com fails repeatedly because the DNS request can't resolve in time, and other times it resolves but there is so much packet loss that the connection simply fails. It's either your DNS server or your network in general, but either way this is unacceptably slow and it has been happening more and more frequently. I have been a loyal customer for years and in most of that time the service has worked great, but these last 6+ months make me think the staff are simply not interested in making sure their service providers are respecting their speed agreements. This isn't a temporary issue, it's a very consistent problem that has gone on for months. Since AirVPN is one of the more expensive VPN services, I expect a bit more consistency than I would from a 30/year vpn (even for a 30/year vpn these speeds are unacceptable).

This isn't a request for technical support, everything works fine on my end as it always has. I haven't changed any configs or done anything new, and no it is not my ISP throttling. But PLEASE do something about your network.

Hello!

There are no particular issues on our side, the service is very good as usual. The problem must be somewhere either in your system, local network, router, or ISP... please feel free to open a ticker for further investigation.

Kind regards

I've not encountered any issues on my side. Right now I'm getting a stable 22ms to 10.50.0.1 DNS/gateway or whatever. I would guess it's either your ISP's routes or something else.