Not connected, Your IP: 3.139.82.23
Sign in to follow this  
xkred27

Sky blocking site

I have a Mac with El Captain & Tunnelblick 3.5.4.  When I connect to the VPN I tried to go to http://torrentbutler.eu which took me to a page saying the website is blocked by Sky.  I am sure airvpn used to get me passed my ISP blocks, I wonder if this is an El Captain issue.  Can anyone help?  Am I safe downloading torrents?

Also, I noticed when logged into this website it says "Not connected" at the bottom of the page where the server status is and where you can see how many days you have left.  I am pretty sure that this said "Connected" when I was on Yosemite.

Tunnelblick says I am connected.

Hello!

Possible explanation (without logs, only speculation is possible): if DNS in OS X are set manually, Tunnelblick does not accept the DNS push from the VPN server. As a result, you might still be using your ISP DNS, which are poisoned according to your description.

Our free and open source client Eddie has a much more advanced DNS handling, can you please test it and report back at your convenience? Eddie for OS X is available in the usual OS X page https://airvpn.org/macosx

The fact that you see in the central bottom box "Not connected" when you browse to airvpn.org, though, is a symptom of a much deeper problem: the traffic might be not tunneled at all. Again, our client Eddie performs various checks to warn you if there are problems with tunneling, and also features a "Network Lock" option which will prevent any leak.

Kind regards

I installed Eddie, I run it which requires my administrator password (I run as a user) and the application opens.  The icon appears in the dock in grey.  I cannot go any further, the tutorials I have read say enter a username and password but there is no option for this.  Is it definitely compatible with El Captain?  

I have installed Eddie and connected successfully.  I refreshed this page and it now says I am connected, and I can get to the website I mentioned above without Sky blocking it.  You are an angel, thanks for you help and replying so quickly.  I will use Eddie from now on, do I have to enter my admin credentials every time I open it?