Not connected, Your IP: 18.227.190.93
jimphreak

U.S. users...what speeds are you getting?

I've got an 80Mbps connection and I'm not even getting 20% of that through the VPN tunnel whether no matter what U.S. server I connect to and whether I use UDP or TCP port 443.  Can other U.S. users tell me what kinds of speeds you are getting and what your config looks like?

Also, do you use the speed test on this website or something like speedtest.net?  They show completely different speeds for me.

I've not had a good experience in regards to the accuracy of the speed test on this site and would recommend using a third party one such as speedtest.net.

Hi.

I was getting around 85 to 90 percent of my net speed when using a U.S. vpn, but over the last couple of days, this has dropped to around 60 percent when running a speed test on a reputable third party site.

This seems to coincide with me trying out the new AirVPN client (beta version) but didn't seem to happen immediately, so I'll do some tests with older versions.

Seems quite a few people are having this issue, so hoping some formal response will come back from AirVPN staff.

Sorry for cross posting, but I'm now getting occasional disconnect/reconnect issues as well, mainly effecting U.S. west coast servers. No better for me speed wise downgrading either the client or the windows driver.

Seems quite a few people are having this issue, so hoping some formal response will come back from AirVPN staff.

Hello,

we do not detect any problem. Your data are not sufficient to say anything more specific. The only sure thing is that the problem is on your side simply because it's impossible that 6 different datacenters with more than a dozen different transit providers have all the same identical problem at the same time. We recommend that you open a ticket if you want support and send the logs pertaining to the problem.

Kind regards

Hi,

I appreciate that a number of issues people report are generally down to the customer being at fault, but having worked in the IT industry for over a decade and also having run through numerous VPN's over the past ten years or so, I'm quite aware of what's down to me and what isn't.

Running the same tests via two alternative VPN compeditors, both of whom I have used off and on for sometime, my speeds are in no way effected and I am running tests to the U.S. west coast with all providers.

Granted, I can't guarantee that I'm either pinging or hitting the exact same areas and a lot has to do with line conditions, server load, etc., but this sudden decrease in speed, although not huge, is noticeable.

Also, looking on your forums, it seems that others are having similar issues, something which is not so apparent when you go back and read posts prior to a few days back.

In any case, I'm letting you know what I've found to be an inconvenience. What you choose to do with that is up to you, as what I may choose to do with my business down the track is is up to me.

As I've said on a number of occasions previously, I've found you guys to be extremely reputable, fast speedwise and quick at addressing issues. Here's hoping this doesn't change moving forward.