Not connected, Your IP: 3.23.127.197
mendoza_02

Mac OS X Yosemite Air VPN not loading

Fairly new to all this, I have installed both the installer and bundle however Air VPN won't load, sits in my dock greyed out.

ot dialog or window appears to show any activity. 

Any help appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello,

I have also had problems with the recently updated 2.9 version of the AirVPN client. What worked for me is installing previous 2.8 version. At the installer page you can selct what version you want by clicking "other versions". Hope this helps!

Guys, please help!

I am usually utter useless at IT etc but months ago it was quite easy to install the Eddie thing on my Mac and everything worked fine! After a long time I visited this website again and saw the recommendation to upgrade. Yeah, never change a running system but then I said to myself, these guys know what they are talking about so I decided to download the latest version and bang.... nothing works. Now, the problem won´t be the app but the user typing these words here.

I double clicked the file, it installed ok but now what?? I am at a loss, I don´t understand what I have to do next. I can´t even find the place where I can type in my user account details. Oh man, that´s so frustrating and drives me M A D!!! Where can I find a step-by-step guide for Eddie on Mac? It is so frustrating that I cannot use it anymore till someone will help me.

But lesson learnt: once I get any of the latest versions up an running once again I will never download a new version of this VPN stuff. Sooooo frustrating! And only last week I told another IT illiterate how easy it was to use AirVPN. :-(((((

Can anyone please help? Thank you!

DUS

Hmmm, I went back to 2.7 as I couldn´t figure out how to run 2.8 and higher. When I downloaded 2.8 or 2.9 and installed it, I never got to the point where I could put in my user details. Back to 2.7 and it all works fine. Yosemite here.....

Shame there isn´t an "Eddie for Dummies" like me. :-(((

It gets worse, Yosemite is going away this Fall and being replaced by El Capitan which I'm testing now and none of the builds are working. You can get Viscosity to work but NO SSL or SSH works currently so I'm looking for an alternative VPN service until AirVPN fixes this issue.

It gets worse, Yosemite is going away this Fall and being replaced by El Capitan which I'm testing now and none of the builds are working. You can get Viscosity to work but NO SSL or SSH works currently so I'm looking for an alternative VPN service until AirVPN fixes this issue.

Hello,

it is unreasonable to pretend that any software works with a preview version of an OS. When El Capitan will get out of beta testing, then we'll see if the Eddie needs a specific version/rewrite or if the problems are only due to the fact that El Capitan is in preview, just like it happened in the past with previous OS X versions, when not even OpenVPN could run.

Kind regards