Not connected, Your IP: 3.15.229.113
Sign in to follow this  
Murman

ANSWERED Server ip addresses and firewalling

Hello;

I am running an external firewall to control traffic from my VPN client. With the imminent retirement of the NL servers. I have to edit my firewall rules, and generate a new openvpn config without those servers. in the past, I used the client generator to generate a config file with all the Airvpn server IP addresses, and edited my firewall rules from that, but I notice today that the config generator is only providing one IP address per file. This makes it difficult to mantain my configuration.

Hello!

You're right, without the option "All servers for area/region" (which we deleted for good reasons) getting all the entry-IP addresses through the CG has become a time consuming task.

We need to insert the following information in the "How-To" forum. We apologize for the delay and for any inconvenience.

You can resolve "server_name.airvpn.org" to get a specific server entry-IP address. Server names can be found in the "Status" page of our web site, or in the Configuration Generator.

For example, from a command line interface:

nslookup nihal.airvpn.org

to get entry-IP address of Nihal server.

Please resolve country_code.airvpn.org to get all the entry-IP addresses of that country VPN servers. Example:

dig @8.8.8.8 nl.airvpn.org +short

(NL is the country code for the Netherlands)

or

nslookup nl.airvpn.org

You can resolve "continent_name.airvpn.org" as well, to get the full list of entry-IP addresses of VPN servers in a continent.

Finally, resolve "earth.airvpn.org" to get ALL the entry-IP addresses of all the VPN servers.

Note: dig is not available by default on Windows, you need to install it. Alternatively, you can use nslookup, but the output of dig with the option "+short" could be easier to parse in some cases.

Kind regards