Not connected, Your IP: 34.237.75.165

Hello!

To comply to our transparency policy we would like to inform you that since Leaseweb NL has been a key provider of our infrastructure in Northern Europe and since Leaseweb controlling company, Ocom, has repeatedly acted in a way that has convinced us that we can't consider Leaseweb a reliable partner anymore for strategic purposes, we have been working to remove Leaseweb from our key providers. It will be downgraded to a "secondary provider" (those providers which are not a key part of the infrastructure).

All the infrastructural demands and requirements previously provided by Leaseweb in the Netherlands have been and are being relocated to Sweden and to different Netherlands providers with identical connectivity features, in several cases with superior hardware. This is a very important improvement in our infrastructure and an important step to solve issues of over-dependency from a single provider, according to the golden rule of "de-centralization".

Impact on our customers will be positive: infrastructure is getting more robust and resistant. Moreover, hardware is being progressively renovated to satisfy the higher required numbers of simultaneous connections caused by Air significant and important growth in the last four months.

Kind regards

AirVPN Staff

Nice, the new servers in Sweden have been really awesome for me and I am glad to hear Sweden has a key role in your server strategy. So glad I switched to AirVPN, where both the new Swedish servers and the latest Eddie client have raised the experience from good to great. You also ooze of integrity and professionalism, very satisfied. Keep up the good work

It's nice to see you are not keeping all your eggs in one basket.  May we ask you to clarify what you wrote when said:  "Ocom, has repeatedly acted in a way that has convinced us that we can't consider Leaseweb a reliable partner anymore for strategic purposes"?

If this is another issue with P2P, would AirVPN simply ever opt to open servers that disallow this?  I'm sure there are users who don't use P2P and just want a VPN for privacy.  This would allow you to keep servers open with providers who may be OK with VPN usage, but not OK with receiving repeated takedown notices (which you have to admit is what a huge chunk of P2P traffic is about).

If this is another issue with P2P, would AirVPN simply ever opt to open servers that disallow this?  I'm sure there are users who don't use P2P and just want a VPN for privacy.

You can't promise privacy in one hand, and restrict specific kinds of usage by the other. This will make users switch providers, and for a

good reason. Right now the only most abusive thing could probably go wrong is spam, and it's a good thing it's blocked on all the servers.

Leaseweb has been noticed cracking down on anonymity services in general, and I see that most providers dropped them in the past 3 years.

A good measurement for that is also a random check of how many Tor nodes are hosted on a given provider's network, if the number is low,

then something is not transparent with them or problems might occur (At this point there are 6 of them, and one of them is Air's server...)

I was actually wondering how comes that Air can keep about 500 concurrent users on Leaseweb's servers, even with a very low number of

complaints. Probably the more you buy, things are more tolerant, to a certain point.

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I found LeaseWeb to be one of the fastest, always with the best ping results, maybe because LeaseWeb has got a direct BGP route from/to Deutsche Telekom (my ISP, for those who don't know). I never lost more than 10% of my original speed, but I did lose a bit more with other servers, and thanks to bgp.he.net, I know why.

Looking forward to see what might happen in Germany.

(Sent via Tapatalk - this generally means I'm not sitting in front of my PC)

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

While I always thought of Leaseweb's connectivity as great and latency always very low - I also do welcome this step taken by AirVPN.

For w/e particular reasons the admins decided to move the servers away from them, I am sure they were nothing to be taken lightly.

It's why I am with AirVPN for several years now because staff always communicates these things openly and replaces lost servers with new, secure and net-neutral ones.

Keep up the great work guys!