Not connected, Your IP: 18.224.30.118
Staff

New 1 Gbit/s servers available (SE)

EDIT: SERVER WITHDRAWN ON 16-JUN-2016.

Reason: major hardware failure.

Hello!

We're very glad to inform you that six, new 1 Gbit/s servers located in Sweden are available: Acubens, Beid, Cumeisa, Nodus, Pherkad and Rastaban.

The AirVPN client will show automatically the new servers, while if you use the OpenVPN client you can generate all the files to access them through our configuration/certificates/key generator (menu "Client Area"->"Config generator").

The servers accept connections on ports 53, 80, 443, 2018 UDP and TCP.

Just like every other Air server, Acubens, Beid, Cumeisa, Nodus, Pherkad and Rastaban support OpenVPN over SSL and OpenVPN over SSH.

As usual no traffic limits, no logs, no discrimination on protocols and hardened security against various attacks with separate entry and exit-IP addresses.

Do not hesitate to contact us for any information or issue.

Kind regards and datalove
AirVPN Team

wow, six new servers!

Is there any reason for adding so many servers in Sweden? I thought not many people used them.

I use them! Low latency, high speed and not the country I live in

Some of them also have lower latency than servers in the country I live in

What about UDP 2018 to Cygni in Stockholm and Serpentis in Uppsala?
I am unable to access them but it is no problem with other servers/data centers in the area listening on this port.

Thank you for adding additional servers in this region.

wow, six new servers!

Is there any reason for adding so many servers in Sweden? I thought not many people used them.

This. Pretty pointless IMO.

wow, six new servers!

Liberal legislation about data retention?

So I tested one of the new Swedish servers and ran into the same issue as with the old ones: crippled upload speed. Since these new servers seem to come from a different company I had hoped they would work better, but it doesn't seem that way. Swedish servers SHOULD be perfect for me, they have the lowest latency by far and I always used the Swedish servers with my old VPN, but here they consistently disappoint. After testing it for about an hour upload speed seemed to max out around 200 KB/s, it is basically never that low at any point on the Dutch servers. Switching to a Dutch server it instantly rose to acceptable levels (way higher). Download speed seems fine on the Swedish servers, upload is horrible. I would like to use the Swedish servers so I will test them occasionally to see if this problem ceases to exist.

wow, six new servers!

Adding servers is very cheap.  Hosting company plans for dedicated machines are not expensive.  It only starts becoming pricey when a lot of b/w is used.

Great!

thanks

So I tested one of the new Swedish servers and ran into the same issue as with the old ones: crippled upload speed. Since these new servers seem to come from a different company I had hoped they would work better, but it doesn't seem that way. Swedish servers SHOULD be perfect for me, they have the lowest latency by far and I always used the Swedish servers with my old VPN, but here they consistently disappoint. After testing it for about an hour upload speed seemed to max out around 200 KB/s, it is basically never that low at any point on the Dutch servers. Switching to a Dutch server it instantly rose to acceptable levels (way higher). Download speed seems fine on the Swedish servers, upload is horrible. I would like to use the Swedish servers so I will test them occasionally to see if this problem ceases to exist.

Hello!

Does anybody else experience this problem with the new Sweden servers in upload?

Kind regards

I experience quite bad speeds in general, 20 MB/s download and 2 MB/s upload where I got 80 MB/s download on czech and 30 MB/s upload. Also when I attempted to connect to beid I got locked out since there was 3 connections registered but in reality I wasn't able to connect to it and had to force disconnect which then took a while too so had to disconnect one of my devices to even get on

Why not a nextra server in Switserland.At least 100 systems are connected every day.Or is there a paricular reason I do not know yet.

Gr,

Hello!

Does anybody else experience this problem with the new Sweden servers in upload?

Kind regards

Hi!

I did some tests on speedtest.net during a 15 minute timeframe. This was done using a 100/20 connection.

These results show clearly that something is wrong with the upload on the new Swedish servers.

Also establishing the OpenVPN connection and the general resolution of wesites seem to be vastly slower compared to about any of airs other servers.

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319475931 Pherkad

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319473615 Gomeisa

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319477863 Acubens

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319479877 Rastaban

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319469265 Menkib

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319471544 Botein

http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/4319483636 Virginis

Kind regards,

skarf

Unfortunately I can confirm the slow upload speeds as well.

A few tests indicate that the upload speed is capped, even when transferring data to the same DC.

The following test was made with Nodus, and a 30 Down / 10 Up ADSL line:

Result with speedtest from the same ISP (Teknikbyran / Kustbandet):

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4320824363.png

Result with a nearby ISP in Stockholm (Tele2):

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4320831697.png

Result to nearby location in Oslo (Telenor):

http://www.speedtest.net/result/4320838293.png

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

Hello!

The cap you experienced on upload should have been caused by an anti-UDP flood system which was too strict. It has been de-activated by the dc now. Could you please test again now?

Kind  regards

I'm unable to connect to the new servers, they're also not reporting latency (latency shows as '....'). Anything I have to do on my side?

Hello!

The cap you experienced on upload should have been caused by an anti-UDP flood system which was too strict. It has been de-activated by the dc now. Could you please test again now?

Kind  regards

I connected to one of the new Swedish servers again and after about an hour of testing I can confirm that not only is the upload speed issue resolved, my upload speed is also faster than ever before while using any VPN provider. After a few minutes of settling in it's been using about 90 percent of my upload speed consistently while on other servers it typically only utilizes about 50 percent. It might seem fast to conclude after an hour but the average upload speed is now much higher than I have had at any other point so it looks like I will finally have the VPN experience I had hoped for thanks to these new servers.  I had hopes that these new servers would be great for me thanks to the extremely low latency and now they are exactly what I had hoped for. Thank you for resolving this issue so quickly and for these new awesome servers

Much better now, thanks Air.

Small thing though:

The routing suggests that the servers are in Åkersberga and not in Uppsala.

All six servers are routed via 62.102.144.58, which resolves to vl-3061-akb-dr3.link.teknikbyran.com. 

Occasional moderator, sometimes BOFH. Opinions are my own, except when my wife disagrees.

I have a problem with 2 Swedish servers : Pherkad and Rastaban.

I'm always connected to them, no matter what I do. I tried to force disconnection many times (in the client section), the servers disappear, but they always come back after a while. I even blacklisted them in the software, but it's useless.

The funny thing is that I'm not actually connected. The software fails to connect to any server, and my real IP is visible. It has been this way for at least 3 days now, the VPN is not working for me.

EDIT: Hi, my problem is solved. Apparently, I just had to update my MacOSX.