Not connected, Your IP: 3.137.181.52
Sign in to follow this  
rnaff

VPN Issue

Hey Everyone,

I've spent 20 minutes researching this forum to try to make sure my question wasn't already answered, so I'm going to go ahead and make a post about it, forgive me if my question was answered elswehre.

My Computer running the AirVPN client connects to the local Los Angeles VPN server quickly and I have a great fast connection without any issue.

My problem is that I have a Samsung TV that is hard wired into the same router as my computer running the AirVPN client, and my Samsung TV is no longer able to connect to the outside internet.

Now, I know the simple fix would be to purchase a Tomato or DDWRT router, and just have the router connect directly to the VPN.

I don't want to do this just yet becuase I like the idea of having my computer with the AirVPN client connected to VPN and everything else having a direct connection to my ISP without any sort of slow-down or encryption.

I've tried rebooting all the machines/tv's and I just can't seem to figure it out.

If this is a simple fix please let me know, if it's not and I need to do some tinkering, please point me int he right direction.

My girlfriend is at about Wit's end right now because she can't use the Netflix Samsung TV application to watch her shows!! UGh.

Hello!

Connecting one computer to a VPN server does not affect any other device in the local network. Your case is interesting because it appears (unless arcane router bugs) theoretically impossible. What happens to the other devices (not connected to any VPN server) in the network?

Kind regards

Weird, this should not be a problem as they ought to be completely separate.

Let me ask though do you have your TV set to use anything that is hosted on the computer (that might have network lock enabled) and not the router (like dns server, or dhcp, I wouldn't expect that I'm just asking)?  Try hardcoding the ip and gateway(router) address (and dns if needed) in the tv settings just to eliminate\verify it's only going to need to talk to the router.   Model of Samsung TV might be helpful too. When Eddie is disconnected from the vpn does it all of a sudden work, or no matter what you do does it not work at this point?

The TV Is the only other device that is hard-wired into the router. I just tried resetting my UVERSE router back to it's factory default settings and I'm still having this issue.

When I run my TV network configuration it connects to the router ok but doesn't connect to the internet.

But NOW, I am having issues with it even connecting to the PLEX server.

Ugh this is turning into a clusterfuck at this point and is very frustrating as you can imagine.

The thing that's weird is that the wireless devices are fine connecting to the router and using internet, it's only the samsung tv that's having and issue.

When I turn off AIRbnb the samsung TV still doesn't connect to the internet, but I never had this issue before I started running the Eddie AirBNB application on my pc.

Update -- I removed the hardwire connection to the samsung TV and  I cannot get the TV to connect using the wireless feature.

I am starting to think this is a SAMSUNG tv issue and not airVPN.

I'm going to buy a new router and try the TV with that.