Not connected, Your IP: 3.81.30.41
Staff

Imminent servers cancellation (USA)

AirVPN needs applauding for allowing its customer to read why enough to know they are straight forwared.  I have been using them for a while after I tried HMA, and other vpns.  I am satisfied with AirVPN and as long as they are up and running I ain't going no where.  Very Please with the service and product speeds.

Posted ... (edited)

Leaseweb is back on board?  I just logged onto AirVPN through Kuma in Virginia.

Hmmm, it's gone again now.  That was interesting.

Edited ... by mecdeva

I'm having some fairly serious differences in speed between the (now defunct) Virginia servers and those in California/Florida.

The Virginia servers I could consistently get 20MB down on my laptop (my actual throughput w/o VPN is 300MB/sec (that's megaBYTE not megaBIT)).  Therefore when I have OpenVPN client running on my router (which obviously can't handle the encryption/decryption load like my beefier laptop can), I would consistently get 2MB down.

Considering my broadband pipe is so fast, and I know that my router can handle a max of 2MB down through a VPN connection, I was surprised that when I connected to multiple servers in California and Miami which appeared to have plenty of bandwidth, that I was only getting < 1MB/sec down.

Can anyone clarify this discrepancy for me?

Can anyone clarify this discrepancy for me?

The bottleneck is in Utah... just kidding....LOL.

All the main players have lines going into the DC and New York metropolitan areas. Curious if Philly might work out. Trans-Atlantic lines going into the Point Pleasant area would work out well between DC and NY.

I had a friend who went to a university in West Philly. They used to setup Linux boxes in the early to mid 90's with students from a North Philly school. Those who's systems were comprimised, had to buy the beer. I suppose back then the backbone went from one university to the other. He told me (these days) departments at both universities backup to a data center down the street, in 'Center City'.

As an amendment to my earlier post, I want to voice, as others have, that the Miami servers seem to have some performance issues. My ping is around 70-80ms, but I have dramatic latency spikes from time to time. It will randomly jump from the above numbers to 800ms and then drop back. It is fairly frequent. Not sure what the issue is, but I wanted to chime in on it. I am still quite satisfied with the service overall.

I would like to add my request for Northeast US servers.  I am very happy with AirVPN and their wonderful service and thus I'm willing to wait a while for servers that are physically closer, but I would definitely like to see them eventually.

I like the idea user YDWX7uYwz6v6t had, about having some servers that don't have P2P capability, just make that clear in their description so that your users are fully aware of it and I know that I would be completely ok with that, as apparently would others.

Thanks again for the great service and your commitment to your ideals and standards!

please look for servers in the south central US.  the distance is very large to the east and west coasts.  somewhere like Austin, Houston or Dallas would be ideal and would serve many people in the central US

I'm not sure if there's been an internal change with the servers, but honestly, while I'm still not quite getting the same speeds I used to, things have improved dramatically for me. Latency spikes are near zero anymore and I have seen a slight uptick in speed. Perhaps Air adjusted something or perhaps it was just the initial load of users connecting that used to use the Virgina servers. If things hold as they are, I am content until other options come along. Anyone else experienced this?

Honestly, when I first began looking for a VPN provider, I shopped around, a lot and read many, many reviews of services. Hands down, AirVPN was the highest rated for customer satisfaction and appeared to be the most user privacy oriented. The fact that they would rather close up shoppe, rather than comprise on the user's experience is why I'm still here. Cheers to you all.

Sources please for AirVPN having the highest rated customer service.  I'm not doubting, I would just like to read the review(s).  I hope I don't offend the folks at AirVPN, but TorGuard seems to be inflexible about compromising on user experience and anonymity.

please look for servers in the south central US.  the distance is very large to the east and west coasts.  somewhere like Austin, Houston or Dallas would be ideal and would serve many people in the central US

Again, I hope I don't offend the AirVPN staff, but TorGuard offers a server(s) in Dallas and Las Vegas.

@AirVPN staff...I love the MultiQuote feature here in the forums.  I wish the Linux forums I frequent had this feature.

Honestly, when I first began looking for a VPN provider, I shopped around, a lot and read many, many reviews of services. Hands down, AirVPN was the highest rated for customer satisfaction and appeared to be the most user privacy oriented. The fact that they would rather close up shoppe, rather than comprise on the user's experience is why I'm still here. Cheers to you all.

Sources please for AirVPN having the highest rated customer service.  I'm not doubting, I would just like to read the review(s).  I hope I don't offend the folks at AirVPN, but TorGuard seems to be inflexible about compromising on user experience and anonymity.

>please look for servers in the south central US.  the distance is very large to the east and west coasts.  somewhere like Austin, Houston or Dallas would be ideal and would serve many people in the central US

Again, I hope I don't offend the AirVPN staff, but TorGuard offers a server(s) in Dallas and Las Vegas.

Hello!

We are finalizing an agreement for a couple of 1 Gbit/s servers in Dallas. Do you know whether TorGuard allows p2p there and/or in the USA?

@AirVPN staff...I love the MultiQuote feature here in the forums.  I wish the Linux forums I frequent had this feature.

Yes, it's nice. :)

Kind regards

>>>please look for servers in the south central US.  the distance is very large to the east and west coasts.  somewhere like Austin, Houston or Dallas would be ideal and would serve many people in the central US

I appreciate you providing input in a non-confrontational way. I am thinking that I am an open-minded individual and I will check them out. However, after skimming through their Terms of Services I am not interested. I was going to sit down an read it more thoroughly but I would rather not obsess about what is right or wrong. That is just for me.

The Realist might very well use TorGuard but I am an Idealist and think I will pass.

Sources please for AirVPN having the highest rated customer service. I'm not doubting, I would just like to read the review(s). I hope I don't offend the folks at AirVPN, but TorGuard seems to be inflexible about compromising on user experience and anonymity.

>please look for servers in the south central US. the distance is very large to the east and west coasts. somewhere like Austin, Houston or Dallas would be ideal and would serve many people in the central US

Hello!

We are finalizing an agreement for a couple of 1 Gbit/s servers in Dallas. Do you know whether TorGuard allows p2p there and/or in the USA?

@AirVPN staff...I love the MultiQuote feature here in the forums. I wish the Linux forums I frequent had this feature.

Yes, it's nice.

Kind regards

Heck yeah I'm up for Dallas servers

@Staff:  If torrent is the same as P2P (I don't use either technology), then yes, TorGuard allows torrents on all of their servers.  TorGuard servers:  https://torguard.net/vpn-network.php.  However, their client isn't as good as AirVPN's, IMO.  They use scripts for network locking, but the feature will be built in to their client in the future.  I've never used their service.  I've spent quite a bit of time researching what they offer though.

@amnesty:  I also have reservations about their TOS; law-abiding can mean different things to different people and at different times.  However, they have been listed on TorrentFreaks annual Which VPNs Take Your Anonymity Seriously? list at least two years in a row.  Could we agree that they're definitely better than HideMyAss as far as anonymity and privacy?

Is there an expected time of when they may appear in the server list. Just thought I would ask. 

Well I dont Live in the USA  But tou Guys are doing a Great Job 

many thanks

9yzTU300x300.png                                                                                      visa1.png