Not connected, Your IP: 3.21.43.58
Sign in to follow this  
Festus Heinhold

Annoying AirVPN Popups

I'm using the AirVPN OS X client on Yosemite. Things have worked fine for months but starting today I'm getting constant popups (i.e. notifications) from AirVPN with the error message:

"Cannot retrieve systems and servers; Bad Gateway (502)"

VPN connectivity is working fine as far as I can tell, but if there's no way to shut off these irritating popups then the product won't be viable for my needs. Unchecking the "System Notifications" checkbox is somewhat helpful but this only shifts the notification from the top of the screen to the task bar, where the AirVPN icon continues to bounce up and down.

Is there an easy way to turn this off? Again, the service is working properly. I just want to eliminate the irritating popups. My option to renew service is coming up soon so getting an answer is somewhat time sensitive.

Thanks,

Festus 

Hello,

those pop-up messages are correct because they notify a real problem, but in this case the repeated notifications make actually poor sense. It will be fixed in the next client release. In the meantime you can just disable client pop-up messages (even though it is now not necessary).

Kind regards