Not connected, Your IP: 3.238.233.189
Kim1337

Cannot retrieve systems & server data

This is the first time I've ever gotten this message

gIa6C.jpg

I am connected to the VPN though, but the error message keeps appearing every 1-2 minutes or so

I have the same problem ...

If I try to login, I get the error message:

---------------------------
AirVPN
Cannot login. (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)
OK  

No problems at all until yesterday.

Same problems here on two different systems.

Seems to have started in earnest around 10:15am eastern today.  I have alerted AirVPN Support via a support ticket.

I think the auth servers are down or having issues, though I see one system did manage to get an update around 11:17am, but only once and then went back to the various errors. Examples:

---

. 2015.03.20 11:46:23 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 1° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)
. 2015.03.20 11:46:23 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 2° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)
. 2015.03.20 11:46:25 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 3° try failed (Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.)
. 2015.03.20 11:46:27 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 4° try failed (Length of the data to decrypt is invalid.)
. 2015.03.20 11:46:29 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 5° try failed (Unable to connect to the remote server)
. 2015.03.20 11:46:29 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 6° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)

. 2015.03.20 11:59:01 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 1° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:01 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 2° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:02 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 3° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:04 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 4° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:05 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 5° try failed (Unable to connect to the remote server)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:05 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 6° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:08 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 7° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.)
. 2015.03.20 11:59:08 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 8° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (502) Bad Gateway.)

---

Now on occasion in the past one might get (Unable to connect to the remote server) here and there, or at least I've seen that before in a non-lasting way, but the others I've never seen before (404\502's).

The auth.airvpn.org address (and it's alternatives like .info .eu, ip's) are resolving on said systems and are up/pingable.

We're sorry, our tubes are clogged up. Also is appearing for this web\forum site sometimes, so they're clearly having some issues or maybe being hit with the denial of service attack.

Same issue here on two of two computers tried. Was logged in. System error. Bad Gateway. Rebooted. Cannot login.

Regards,

I have just gotten a 500 message aswell

W 2015.03.20 17:16:44 - Cannot retrieve systems & servers data. Please retry later or contact us for help. (The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.)

I am logged in and connected to VPN, but the app is showing the same notice a lot. I guess I should avoid disconnecting.

Seems like server issues? The airvpn.org website just said it's overloaded for me, and http://www.websitedown.info/airvpn.org says it's down.

Yeah same I'm logged in at the moment (vpn), and I'm not going to disconnect till it looks resolved, though I think the last-auth ticket in eddie is only valid for so long, I forget how long that is, but it's at least a few hours, those connected through open-vpn though I think will be fine as the vpn servers themselves seem fine.

Hello!

We're working to solve the issue caused by an attack against various servers.

Kind regards

Sweet, support is on the case.

Thank you for the update, let us know when you think it's been resolved or mostly resolved given the nature of the event.

Good luck!

Ohh I thought it was a problem on my computer. I had to come to the forums to know this.

Why isn't https://airvpn.org/issues/ updated according to the ongoing issue? 

Every system has it's problems, but issues tab should be updated.... 

One thing I might suggest is using your twitter page for things like service outages. It's always nice to know where to go to look for updates regarding such issues.

My dns isn't working as the report says(everything red). Connecting with server ip and port ist working.

Hello!

Please open a ticket at your convenience. From your description it should be an unrelated problem.

Kind regards

One thing I might suggest is using your twitter page for things like service outages. It's always nice to know where to go to look for updates regarding such issues. :)

Hello!

We do that, yes.

Kind regards

Thanks for fixing it so quickly.I noticed it while i was on a uk server.Maybe the British police have a letter they need to forward for copyright violations on behalf of Hollywood

im still getting the error message

W 2015.03.20 19:27:39 - Cannot retrieve systems & servers data. Please retry later or contact us for help. (The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.)
. 2015.03.20 19:28:39 - Updating systems & servers data ...
. 2015.03.20 19:28:39 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 2° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.)
. 2015.03.20 19:28:39 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 4° try failed (The remote server returned an error: (503) Server Unavailable.)
. 2015.03.20 19:28:41 - Updating systems & servers data ..., 5° try failed (Unable to connect to the remote server)

im still getting the error message

As am I (after a brief lull where it was working again), my guess is it's going to come and go as the attack comes in, gets mitigated, and the process repeats till the attack ends, support is aware, I'm sure they're working to stay ahead of it to the extent possible.

As am I (after a brief lull where it was working again), my guess is it's going to come and go as the attack comes in, gets mitigated, and the process repeats till the attack ends, support is aware, I'm sure they're working to stay ahead of it to the extent possible.

I think so too.

Still seeing server unavailable.Is the vpn connection safe while this is happening. I cant connect on linux just get restart every few seconds.I can connect  using windows. I suppose my question is- Is the vpn connection still secure even though it can't retrieve the server data. I assume yes but i honestly have no idea

Hello!

You might be experiencing "error 503" ONLY from inside a VPN server, so you can safely ignore it, it's not vital to update often VPN servers data & rating when you're already inside a VPN server. On the contrary you should NOT get that error when you're not connected to a VPN server. During time we will probabiy lift some limits we have now forced to mitigate the attack (which is still fully ongoing but should not affect in any way service availability).

Kind regards

Am getting the same error message "cannot retrieve systems and server data (error 503)", but IP checkers and IPleak all say I am connected to airvpn server.

Carry On

I keep getting this message. The VPN is working fine, but the message popping up all the time is really annoying! I can't seem to disable the message, it always comes back.

I'm having the same problem as everyone else, I was just wondering what is the nature of the attack?