Not connected, Your IP: 54.198.37.250
Sign in to follow this  
LazyLizard14

share-online.biz blocking IP ranges

Regarding this thread: https://airvpn.org/topic/13595-trouble-using-share-online/

Meanwhile I got the confirmation from their support that they blocked various IP ranges used by the AirVPN servers cos these servers were used by "other providers that practice account sharing" (multihoster I assume).

You can still log in to your account, extend your subscription or even set up a new account without error. BUT you will find all downloads started timing out without further notice or error.

A very questionable way how they act, even voilating their own terms.

Also in the support chat it was revealed that they, unlike written in their terms, NOT delete logs within 60 minutes after a successfull download! They keep the IP's of each successful login for at least a few days.

Many european servers from AirVPN are already affected (germany, netherlands, ...). Latvia is still working

I recommend to avoid them cos of their business practice.

Hello!

Can you please try again now?

Please note that share-online only allows one download per IP per a given period time. So, if someone downloads one file while connected to some VPN server, all the users connected to that VPN server will not be able to download anything during that period of time (presumably some hours). We don't know if this restriction applies to their Premium subscribers. As LazyLizard14 points out, their business practices are very questionable (please see the first message in this thread).

Kind regards

Indeed very questionable; they were able to provide info about logins in the past and from which IP. So they do keep their logs.

I guess G33k also refers to their premium service. It doesn't seem to matter how many users connect (from the same IP) to their service. But they have blacklisted some ip ranges / exit servers according to their customer service. As I pointed out above you can easily confirm this if you able login to your SO account normally but when trying to start a download it times out.

You are out of luck with most servers, especially those from netherlands or germany. But that can change. Czech and latvian servers always worked so far. So best practice is to set up two concurrent VPN connections and use policy based routing to access their download servers (83.0.0.0/8 and 95.0.0.0/8) through an AirVPN exit server that is not (yet) blacklisted.

@LazyLizard14

Mostly I use Sweden for share-onle.biz, but the speed is there often worse than in NL.

Using SO has become a plague. In addition to blocking many IP ranges used by VPN providers already they now seem to throttle traffic if you still found a working server. For some weeks I am not able to get past ~1MB/s. And I have tried almost all servers at different timey, day and night.

BEst advise: avoid them if possible! They are paranoid about "VPN = accountsharing".