Not connected, Your IP: 18.220.160.216
flat4

Speed, wow is sloe

connected to pollux from the central ok

Down: 12.728 Mbit/s Out, 1.860 Mbit/s In (14%), 20MB - Up: 12.573 Mbit/s Out, 10.679 Mbit/s In (84%), 20MB - Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 19:10:45 GMT - Buffers: 20MB/20MB - Laps: 3, Time: 195.29 secs

:no:

Please try to connect via SSH or SSL (Settings > Protocols). Post your results here.

Note: A regular download of a big file, a linux distribution for example, can be more accurate if you want to determine your maximum download speed.

NOT AN AIRVPN TEAM MEMBER. USE TICKETS FOR PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT.

LZ1's New User Guide to AirVPN « Plenty of stuff for advanced users, too!

Want to contact me directly? All relevant methods are on my About me page.

WOW!!

used SSL and that made a big difference

Down: 11.495 Mbit/s Out, 11.541 Mbit/s In (100%), 20MB - Up: 11.750 Mbit/s Out, 11.289 Mbit/s In (96%), 20MB - Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 21:14:33 GMT - Buffers: 20MB/20MB - Laps: 3, Time: 90.97 secs

Why is that?

@flat4

Hello!

The first possible reasons that come to mind:

1) Your ISP performs traffic shaping against UDP and/or OpenVPN

2) You have a tool in your router or in your computer that de-prioritizes UDP packets.

In both cases, wrapping OpenVPN inside an additional TLS tunnel fixes the issue. However, if the problem lies in your system and you manage to solve it, you will have better performance with UDP direct connections than with OpenVPN over SSL, because of the overhead caused by two tunnels instead of one, and the important fact that OpenVPN is forced to work in TCP when it must connect to stunnel (since UDP can't be supported by stunnel).

Kind regards

Whenever I use the speed test on Air's website I only get results around 19 Megabits per second. I have a 160Mbps cable line and get full speed from Air's servers on real downloads (eg Ubuntu torrents). It can't be throttling/shaping from the ISP as real downloads give full speed. I guess a quirk of the site's tester? Maybe test your real world speed and see if it's much better than the test tool suggests. I know mine is!