Not connected, Your IP: 3.138.125.2
Guest JWW

UK Server Latency

Guest JWW

Is there an issue with the UK servers? Latency is around double the usual at around 30-35 ms.

Guest JWW

I was hoping for an answer to this. Latency is poor - never used to be. Is there an explanation for this?

Guest JWW

latency is a description of the path from you to the server.  Air has nothing to do with that path, but only the server.

OK. I'm none the wiser though. I'm still trying to understand why the latency timings have been consistently around 15-17 ms since I joined and then suddenly a nose dive a few weeks ago. Is this down to my ISP then?

Hello!

Changes in latency from your node to different servers in different datacenters with different providers is a symptom of a change of peering or routing by your ISP or by one or more of your ISP ISPs, or maybe some technical problem inside your ISP network or inside some of your ISP ISPs network.

That's because the likelihood that three different datacenters (our four UK servers are in three different datacenters) with different tier 2-1 providers have simultaneously the identical problem is astronomically low.

Kind regards

Guest JWW

OK, thanks. That makes sense. Doesn't sound like there's a damn thing I can do about it.