Not connected, Your IP: 3.17.110.162
Sign in to follow this  
Shaolin

Adding a website to an exception list

Hi,

Is it possible to add a website to an exception list such that it bypasses the VPN? I have a couple of websites that don't allow VPN's

Thanks

Hello!

Yes, assuming that you run our client it is possible to do it in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Routes". Select "Not specified routes go: inside the tunnel" and enter the IP address(es) of the web sites. Without our client the same purpose can be achieved in this way (see the last part of the post): https://airvpn.org/topic/3721-netflix/?do=findComment&comment=3724

Kind regards

Hi,

I do indeed use the AirVPN client. I followed your suggestion but the admins of the website I use have told me that I am still using a leaseweb VPN whilst browsing their site.

In the Routes section I currently have:

IP / Host                             Action                              Notes

IP Address 1           Inside the VPN tunnel              My Website #1

IP Address 2           Inside the VPN tunnel              My Website #2

Is there any way I can enter a web address instead of an IP address? i.e. www.somewebsite.com

I tried this but the "Save button" was greyed out.

Either way, what I have done apparently isn't working according to the admin of the websites I use.

Any help appreciated

Shaolin  

Hi,

Any help with this is appreciated

I want to be able to use my VPN as a blanket cover but just add a couple of exclusions. As previously stated, the method tried earlier has not worked.

regards

Shaolin

I think the action should actually be "outside VPN tunnel" and not inside, it makes more logical sense.

Try to add ipleak.net there, and see if your ISP address is shown there.

Warning, the action is implemented with a NOT operator in Eddie.

"NOT specified routes", for the customer's purposes, must go inside the VPN tunnel. The customer just wishes to have the traffic for a couple of IP addresses outside the tunnel, all the other traffic must flow inside. This is the most common request and that's the logic behind the implementation of an option with a 'NOT' in Eddie.

Kind regards