Not connected, Your IP: 18.217.84.171
Sign in to follow this  
Rcbhq4

Netflix Geo-Restrictions

Hi AirVPN staff,

I sometimes use your service to watch Netflix and have recently found that from various locations it always takes me to the US Netflix, especially the Canadian servers.

The website http://moreflicks.com and http://whatsnewonnetflix.tv/ allows you to see what's available in different regions on Netflix. (Just so you know that the routing is not always benificial)

Do you have any solution if turning off the routing? Maybe this is a feature you could add to the Eddie client?

Thanks!

AirVPN Staff, would you be able to help on this? It would be great to gain access to Netflix Canada and Switzerland without being re-routed to Netflix US! Thanks.

hi there,

I experience the same issue - I want to access netflix in CAN. I am always redirected to US netflix although I am accessing through the CAN airvpn servers. I am using Eddie 2.9.2. with network lock. IPleak.net renders CAN server only.

Is it something to do with the micro-routing (don't know what this is but it has come up in other threads...)?

Can you help and/or fix this? It seems various users are experiencing this. TY!

It is actually an unresolved request in here as well: https://airvpn.org/topic/9926-netflix-problem/

Hello,

at the moment if you don't want to use micro-routing please query any DNS server that's not the VPN DNS server.

About Netflix Canada, unfortunately it blocks our Canada servers, so we have decided that US Netflix from CA servers is better than no Netflix at all.

Kind regards

Hello,

at the moment if you don't want to use micro-routing please query any DNS server that's not the VPN DNS server.

About Netflix Canada, unfortunately it blocks our Canada servers, so we have decided that US Netflix from CA servers is better than no Netflix at all.

Kind regards

thanks for the info on the netflix CA issue.

please forgive my ignorance, but what do I need to do to query any DNS server that is not a vpn dns server? do I have to manually edit something in the adapter prefs (and if so, is it not done by Eddie)?

Hello,

actually, if you run Eddie it's recommended that you do it from inside Eddie. You can do that in "AirVPN" -> "Preferences" -> "Advanced" -> "DNS" - do not forget to disable DNS check.

Kind regards

bout Netflix Canada, unfortunately it blocks our Canada servers, so we have decided that US Netflix from CA servers is better than no Netflix at all.

Would using AirVPN -> TOR solve the netflix CA issue?  And if so, is there a up-to-date guide how to set it up?